Elevation Issue with PAVD

FlyBlueSkies

Hello, hoping for some help...

I'm having elevation issues with PAVD, which I've never had before:

W8jnbCI.jpg

In the past, it worked just fine without any issues what so over.

I currently have Windows 10 HOME, just updated to P3DV4.4, and of course the Orbx PAVD.

I double check AEC and PAVD is disabled. Although I did ENABLE and test again, but it was worse. I also uninstalled PAVD via the FTX Central, then reinstalled (although all in the same session), but no changes.

I have not looked for other alternative PAVD installed, and while I will check for this, I cannot remember ever installing another scenery that might affect this airport. Anyway, hoping for some help with this.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I have updated all the P3Dv4 modules to v4.4 and my PAVD is perfect without any reinstalls, so we know it is not a P3D issue.

First please confirm the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Thanks Doug,

I've confirmed I have the latest Orbx Libs installed. I also deleted the Orbx Lib.txt file in the scripts folder, just to be sure. It downloaded the Orbx Libraries and installed them.

I did double check and all of my addon sceneries are above all FTX sceneries.

The last scenery non-orbx scenery is RTMM Docks.

Using FTX Central 3 insertion points, FTX is below RTMM Docks.

Using FTS Central 3 insertion points, the FTX OpenLC entries are just below my FTX entry and I clicked SAVE.

NOTE: They were already in the correct locations.

Unfortunately, I still have the issue.

I appreciate your help with this.

Thank you,

Jeff

Andy,

Which airports? I'd like to check them too...

UPDATE. MyTraffic does not contain any PAVD BGL's. I've also searched my complete C drive and my complete E drive (where P3D is located), there are no other references to PAVD BGL's I can find.

Still digging into this...

Hi FlyBlueSkies

Well, PAVD for example! Exactly the same elevation issues as you.

I'm working through them - had this with KSEZ, which resolved with re installation of NA SC, and checking the compatibility with NA SC in KSEZ control panel, KORS which resolved with re-installation of NA PNW  etc - get the common theme here?

I also reinstalled Global Base and Trees.

It seems that despite having all my Orbx sceneries outside the main folder v4.4 is somehow overwriting files it shouldn't. Certainly did not have this problem with 4.3

Good news is I got PAVD backworking by reinstalling SAK (from a fresh download) and elevation issues resolved! Have you tried that?

I'm now reinstalling all regions, which is a bore, but at least I think there is a way through here.

2018-12-2_13-6-6-404.jpg

Thanks Andy,

Yes, I have reinstalled SAK several times now.

I found a 'solution' by turning OFF the P3DV4 standard APX file associated with PAVD. But, this usually affects other airports in the area.

VnS2gFV.jpg

pHF3QBT.jpg

I'm not quite sure what this means, but it may help point me to the solution... 

Thanks, I see your problem is solved though.

One cause of this kind of anomaly is a missing elevation adjustment file,

which you perhaps solved by reinstalling SAK.

If the file is there, a missing Default Terrain library entry means that among

other things, elevation adjustment files cannot be seen by the simulator.

• 1 month later...

Archived