KTEX Missing Runway

shermank

Hi all,

Here is a picture of my problem. I have all the ORBX software, though KTEX is not a commercial version, simply stock scenery in P3D v4.1. I have installed the latest Vector update, but this problem existed before that. I am only taking time to report it now...thanks...

Sherm

2018-11-21_14-2-41-546.thumb.jpg.6f06ff1555f0f84a852df04af4873d49.jpg

13 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

Did you run Orbx Vector Configurator? Usually running the app and I let it do automatic scenery adjustments.

Yes I did immediately after I installed the update. I was going to add to my initial post that I have found two ketx related files.

ABP_KTEX.BGL in orbx/vector/airports 

and AFX_KTEX_ALT.BGL in world/scenery

Additionly, KTEX does not show up in Vector when I try to activate or deactivate AEC.  Thanks.

Sherm

12 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Sherm,

Try disabling the altitude file gound in world/scenery (AFX_KTEX_ALT.BGL).

This file would apparently be from the ORBX KTEX install.

Cheers,

Thanks Scott, 

I did that before posting the problem....no joy.....btw, I do not own the ORBX payware KTEX. I have found a satisfactory, actually a very good freeware KTEX, but I would still like to solve the original problem, if possible...Again thanks...

Sherm

HI Sherm,

My mistake, that was just an assumption on my part regarding the altitude file.

I do have KTEX installed, but it does not actually add an altitude file to World/Scenery.

I have been trying a few things, but don't seem to be able to replicate the issue.  Besides Vector and KTEX Airport, there are no ORBX addons in that area which would affect elevation, and from my few tests, it seems Vector does not affect the runway if it's active or not.

A few things for you to check:

Are there any more KTEX files still active, either in addon scenery or another location, or any more altitude files in world/scenery?

Is there a KTEX file as part of a 3rd party AI traffic program such as JF Traffic Global?

What is your mesh setting?

Are you using a 3rd party mesh addon?

Cheers,

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out....the freeware does work as it should. There is a high round hill at the E end of the rwy (27), which I do not know if it exists in real life. My suspicion is that is how the mesh terrain interprets the location. 

But, even though my work around solves the problem, if still does not answer the question about the default terrain and runway issue. I did discover that KTEX is among the freeware airports offered by ORBX.  As for KTEX related BGLS,  as posted above, I have found only two. One is in Vector Airports, the second in Scenery/World/Scenery, where I would expect it to be. Having just discovered KTEX among the freeware fields while doing some research for my answer to you, I think my next step is to reinstall the freeware package and see what happens. Again, thanks for joining in the discussion. I appreciate it, always.

Sherm

Archived