Problems finishing downloading and installing KRDD

edpatino

Hi:

I just bought KRDD through FTX Central / ORBX Direct with the Transaction ID/receipt # 5bd9e6ea7e2db. I'm not able to finish the download and completely install the airport, and got an error screen (see attached). The download screen seems stuck at the point shown in the attached screen.

I try to uninstall to repeat the all process again, but it's stuck anyway.

Please indicate actions or please reset?.

Thanks, Ed

Error - Downloading and Installing KRDD.PNG

Error - Downloading KRDD.PNG

Tried the procedure and it worked, and finally the scenery was installed.

After starting up P3D, I'm having problems with the airport anyway. I''ll check a bit later today again and will post some pictures of what I get upon loading of an airplane in KRDD. Do I ask for support here again or do I need to move my topic?.

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks for update Ed, and you can continue on here with any other issues.  :)

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug, thanks for keeping your support here.

Please take a look at the pictures below:

1. The first three pictures (KRDD - No buildings at the airport 1 to 3) show what happens when KRDD is selected after loading up the KRDD airport after a P3D start-up (using P3Dv4.3 here). As you could see, there are no buildings at KRDD, just black footprints (using the slew command just to show better).

2. The fourth picture (KRDD - Selected after coming from another airport) shows my airplane on a runway, after falling down from the sky after selecting a parking space (an elevation issue?). This happens when I re-select KRDD after coming back to it from any other airport. In this case the buildings show up.

In addition to both 1 and 2 above, the aircraft never sits on the ground, it's above the ground by some ft in all the cases.

Any suggestions please?.

Cheers, Ed

KRDD - No buildings at the airport - 1.jpg

KRDD - No buildings at the airport - 2.jpg

KRDD - No buildings at the airport - 3.jpg

KRDD - Selected from another airport.jpg

Ed,

Please try the "Verify Files" option in the FTX Central product window for KRDD.

Then confirm that the P3Dv4 in game top of screen under Options/Add-ons that ObjectFlow2 is checked enabled.

And, check that “Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3D v4” in FTXC3 settings is checked enabled.

Doug:

Hit two times the Verify Files option, the first time it made me download a 64 MB file and the second time another one of 34 MB (or so).

ObjectFlow2 addon is checked and enabled.

Use ObjectFlow2 in Prepar3D v4 in FTXC3 settings is checked and enabled.

The problem persists.

One question: are you at ORBX sure that this airport works OK in P3Dv4.3?. I have a bunch of ORBX airports and all the USA regions and so far this one is the only airport which is not working well.

What else do you think could be happening?.

Cheers, Ed

Ok Doug, let me try it. I will report the results here, as complete as possible, during the afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully you're available by then.

Have to go out now.

Thanks for your support.

Check back tomorrow.

Cheers, Ed

Just a note to mention:  Several of us found many months ago that starting a flight out in the parking lot at KRDD resulted in no buildings, as in screenshot #1 above.  Starting the flight at the terminal building, however, all buildings are present.  I don't believe a solution was ever found for this anomaly, so I start all my flights from KRDD at the terminal and not at the parking lot.  This only started, as I recall, with P3Dv4.

12 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Just a note to mention:  Several of us found many months ago that starting a flight out in the parking lot at KRDD resulted in no buildings, as in screenshot #1 above.  Starting the flight at the terminal building, however, all buildings are present.  I don't believe a solution was ever found for this anomaly, so I start all my flights from KRDD at the terminal and not at the parking lot.  This only started, as I recall, with P3Dv4.

Thanks for the tip, Stew, the trick is indeed working well and now I can finally see the buildings I've paid for!.

16 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ok, try this one....note that it is not in .rar format, it is in .cfg format so you can do a direct replacement.

scenery.cfg

Doug, tried your scenery.cfg file minutes ago and the results were the same, no buildings. There's any other reason for me to keep using your file?. I noticed you deleted the original area.001, something that at the end did not change the results, but maybe you can tell more so I would want to confirm this with you.

As Stew pointed out, the issue is not new, and I don't know if the developer at ORBX has any plans to remedy it, considering that this is an old product. To add to this, the aircraft are still not sitting on the ground at the terminals and runways, as it can be seen in picture #4, which is disturbing.

Thanks to all of you, Ed

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Yep - Doug and I have chatted about this in other posts and privately before - I've reported it several times in the forums - I've PM'd the developer (no response)... It happens to everyone - we've had numerous people respond with the same - it's repeatable - yet we can't get it fixed... The airport is seriously broken - people are still buying it - yet there's been no attempt to fix it (to the best of my knowledge)...

Can we get some management intervention on this issue ?

It's a great airport and I would like to enjoy using it...

Regards,
Scott

Archived