Problem with most NA airports

RichUK

Hi,

i seem to CTD with most Orbx airports in North America. If I start at KEGE it is OK..any other airport results in a CTD before the airport loads. Various dlls etc.

i have most Orbx airports and the problem is only in NA..Europe is OK.

updated to P3D V4.3 after a break from FS..but either way the problem is confined to America.

Any help or pointers very gratefully received.

Thanks!

Rich.

Thanks for the response. Below is the contents of the scenery.cfg file. I see the airports I am trying in there (KPSP KMRY etc). I also tried reinstalling the LC, one of the regions and the airports in the that region, but with no luck. P3D still exits out. Again, this is only in NA - the rest of the world is fine. Thanks again!

Thanks Rich

Please apply the below process.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

I had UT live but I uninstalled it. I don’t run any other 3rd part AI software. I still find it strange that KEGE works but no others do. KEGE isn’t in a region..that’s the only difference I can see.

Long ago all Orbx FS9 models were removed from the products for P3D v4 for this reason.

You need to find something that all your "NA airports" have in common and AI aircraft is

by far the most likely candidate.

By the way, what happens if you start at an "NA Airport" that is default?

2 hours ago, RichUK said:

I had UT live but I uninstalled it. I don’t run any other 3rd part AI software. I still find it strange that KEGE works but no others do. KEGE isn’t in a region..that’s the only difference I can see.

Rich,  UT Live doesn't use any FS9 models.  However, I wouldn't recommend reinstalling it until you've cleared up this current issue.

Thanks guys for the responses. I ran Ransack and it didn't find any FS9 models. I also started P3D in KATL and KJFK and it ran just fine. The problem exists in the 'strip' from PAKT all the way down to KSAN. Again, anything East of that (such as KEGE) is fine. The problem is confined to anything nearer the West coast (both America and Canada). It looks like every other airport in P3D around the world works just fine.

I have same exact problem...  just wanted to interject that into conversation.  I haven’t flown on west coast in a while I wanted to check out ksan version 2 and all of sudden try to load a flight with default or payware aircraft and prepar3d Loads and just ctds to home screen like prepar3d wasn’t even turned on. I first tried Kpsp to ksan Ctd. KLax to ksan ctd,  default Catalina to ksan ctd.  Klas to ksan     But I can fly Colorado Ktex kege and even aerosoft Kase no problem and everywhere else....strange

hoping for answers 

steve

only change before noticing ctd I added tomato shader. And side note. I can get ksan scenery to load for about 5 seconds then ctds

Archived