KSBA yellow planes at night?

Jack Sawyer

@Misha Cajic

Hi Misha, I love KSBA but I was curious about night textures on some planes on the ground.  They're all fine in daylight but all yellow at night.  I always have dynamic lighting on and it is set that way in the KSBA control panel.  So I was wondering why they're yellow, even when I fly a chopper near one you'd think it would shine on it and would show the daytime aircraft colors?  But they're yellow.  I was wondering if this is normal or some anomaly.  Thanks, and no offense, it's awesome!

GNj8bg1.jpg

0COdcth.jpg

S93BLIS.jpg

AZTl3U2.jpg

1 minute ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi Jack,

I placed those straight out of the library, so that is their default night lighting. I agree it doesn't exactly match with the lighting itself, but I might take a look at it for an update if its too much of an issue?

Cheers

Not really an issue Misha, I was just curious as I didn't see any yellow lights shining on them from the ocean side.  If it's an easy fix no problem, if not it's not a big deal as I love yellow anyway!  You did a great job here Misha! 

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Not really an issue Misha, I was just curious as I didn't see any yellow lights shining on them from the ocean side.  If it's an easy fix no problem, if not it's not a big deal as I love yellow anyway!  You did a great job here Misha! 

You really are a VIP Jack , Orbx is designing there airport scenery now just for you . :rolleyes::D:lol:

John

8 hours ago, BradB said:

You really are a VIP Jack , Orbx is designing there airport scenery now just for you . :rolleyes::D:lol:

John

Thanks John!  I thought so too :D  Then I wanted to check the way dynamic lighting worked.  There were no yellow arc sodium (?) lights on the ocean side to turn them yellow.  But I still think it's cool nonetheless.

Just to chip in a little.

I found similar issues a few months back when dabbling in Orbx airport sceneries (freeware) for the first time. Basically the problem is that the lights at the airport do not actually illuminate the static scenery objects which have their own night lighting. This lighting however is inconsistent with some objects showing "natural" white, others yellow, and others having no night lighting. You can see my report here: 

In a nutshell, Orbx airports are pretty during the day but I wouldn't recommend visiting them at night.

Thanks and you have a point about the aircraft, as has already been stated by the developer.

Otherwise your comment:

In a nutshell, Orbx airports are pretty during the day but I wouldn't recommend visiting them at night.

is attempting to draw a comparison between an airport product whose textures date back to 2006

which was developed for FSX and the myriad of subsequent products made for simulators that did not

then exist and have features such as dynamic lighting.

The comparison is not valid.

Archived