Made it to Melbourne

Jack Sawyer

35 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, model for us all and source of constant delight, when I read the sentence above, words failed me. This from the guy whose specialty is flying 747s upside down through water culverts in Bombay? :lol:

I can see how you'd feel that way Rodger, but what I meant is not that kind of nonsense, I like that kind of nonsense. :D  What I detest is the nonsense of things that CTD or will not install without getting a PhD in computer science, that kind of nonsense. :o

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I can see how you'd feel that way Rodger, but what I meant is not that kind of nonsense, I like that kind of nonsense. :D  What I detest is the nonsense of things that CTD or will not install without getting a PhD in computer science, that kind of nonsense. :o

Hey Jack. You've got my vote. Me too.

3 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Only a guy from Atlanta, via Boston, would explore Oz in a Quantas jet - who do you think you are, John Travolta?

:lol:  Thanks OND but I think it's proper ain't it?  I mean Qantas is the Australian airline right?  And I can honestly say I have never seen one of his movies so I can't relate.  Did he do the same in Australia?

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  Thanks OND but I think it's proper ain't it?  I mean Qantas is the Australian airline right?  And I can honestly say I have never seen one of his movies so I can't relate.  Did he do the same in Australia?

He has his personal 707 painted in retro Quantas colors and they made him an honorary captain.  The Oz gang here will know more about his trips.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Dang.  He own his own 707?  Must be nice.  

His home spread is around Ocala FL, complete with runway etc.  From the aerial shots I've seen, he has several more interesting planes.  Used to have a DC3 and been flying longer than H Ford.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

How about this for a pad and good on him too.

He  donated his 707 to the HARS collection at Wollongong in 2017 who intend to restore it to safe flying condition!

Luckily Mr Travolta  knows how to spell Qantas.:lol::lol::lol:

Dang!  Must be nice!

Archived