More woes, I cant win.

Aussieflyer38

I spent most of today installing aircraft into my new rig - successfully. Then I started, well thought I did, to install my ORBX sceneries, 11 of them. Later I thought I'd see how they looked, but to my dismay, none of them are there in the P3D scenery file. I checked this after my first flight. Two of the files I installed through FTXC was YBCG and Coolangatta Cityscape, so I thought a quick flight into YBBN and I would see the results. With all  installs, I got the usual message that the software was successfully installed, except one, Global Base 1.41 which appeared to download okay, but refused to finalise. I guess that's a different problem. I don't understand how I can get the  successfully installed message when they didn't.

Can somebody please help me sort this out. Thanks

Don 

Hi Don,

Can you please attach your scenery.cfg file.

Also can you check in the ORBX folder in your main simulator folder to see if the airport folders have actually been installed.

Re the Global Base install, did it just pause and refuse to unpause.  If this occurs, just close FTX Central, and then start it again, and the installation should continue.

Cheers,

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll start at the bottom first. The Global Base gets to the end with one second to go the yellow progress line stops and then just sits there. I let it "idle" for about half an hour thinking it might be some background stuff and then I shut it down.

Not too sure about the airports in the ORBX folder, have to check that and get back to you.

Sorry I get a bit confused with files, where do I find the scenery config file, is that in the sim?

Don

Hi Don,

In your main sim folder there will be a folder called ORBX.  Inside that you will have region folders such as EU, NA Global etc.  Inside these folders you will find the individual region and airport folders.

I'm at work atm, so will have a look at your scenery cfg when I get home tonight.

Cheers,

HI Scott,

I have to assume I am in the right place. LM>P3D>ORBX  If this is right, I have :  FTX_ AU, FTX_ NZ, Scripts and User Documents.

FTX_AU folder I have YBCG, YBBN, YBCS, YBTH, YMML, YPMQ, YSCH, which are the ones I installed yesterday, except for Gold Coast  City Scene which is not there.

FTX_NZ has a whole lot of sceneries , mesh etc

Don

Hi Don,

There are no ORBX entries in your scenery.cfg file that I could see.  It also seems to have some strange ordering of default scenery.

I would suggest three steps.

1/  Ensure you have FTX Central updated to the latest version.  To do so it is recommended you opt in to "Fastlane" which will give you access to the latest release version of FTX Central 3.  Once you have opted in, start FX Central 3 and follow the prompts to let it restart and update itself.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000167255-What-is-Fastlane

2/  Delete your current scenery.cfg file.  It seems to be corrupted.  Once you have deleted it, start P3DV4, and it will build a new one.  I would recommend loading a flight once the sim has started.

3/  When you have shut down P3DV4, open FTX Central 3.  As a precautionary step, uninstall and then reinstall the ORBX libraries using FTX Central.  Once they have installed and FX Central has finished doing everything, close it and then start P3DV4.

Let us know if your installed scenery is working now.  The updated version of FTX Central should also allow you to install FTX Global Base.  Once you have confirmed everything is in order, give that a go.

Cheers,

Hi Scott,

I'm afraid you're dealing with a point and click guy here I am not at all techy. I gave your instructions the best shot I could, without any success. 

2. I deleted the scenery config file and P3D rebuilt it as you said. 

1 & 3.  I couldn't find where to delete and update FTXC. Went to  ORBX Direct but couldn't find anything  there. Mucked around for about an hour with your other advice trying to find what I could - 

The C:/users/don/%localappdata%/orbx/FTXcentral, I kept getting a cant find message.

I had a thought that maybe it wasn't ORBX sceneries that was the problem and purchased an  airport hoping that it would save into the P3D sceneries folder -  but that didn't happen either.

Final act of desperation I uninstalled and reinstalled P3D, everything stayed the same.

So sorry, thanks for your help, I have no idea what to do now.

Don 

Hello Don,

Please note that the AppData folder is hidden by default in the Windows File Explorer.

If you cannot see it, please go to your Windows File Explorer view options and check

"Show hidden files, folders and drives".

While you are there, the "Hide extensions for known file types" box should also be

unchecked. This makes finding and identifying files much easier.

Untitled.jpg

Hello Don

Did you see this message to update the Orbx Libraries at the bottom of the FTX Central Control panel ?   Ensure you click on the blue to update.

This might be a contributing factor as to why the Orbx scenery has not activated.

37953399031_6a2cd541d1_o.png&key=9f2d789

If you have already Installed the Orbx Libraries please try and reinstall them again

To Reinstall the  "Orbx Libraries"  Delete the version text file located below  (Delete the red box) 

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Right click and Delete this file 

37953402071_1139f709f1_o.png

Then Launch the FTX Central control panel,  You will then be prompted to reinstall\update the Orbx Libraries

Click the blue box to Install.    When completed,  Launch Prepar3D and test  

37953399031_6a2cd541d1_o.png

Thanks Elaine,

I've just downloaded the latest libs, finished five minutes ago, 180725, checked my sim, nothing has changed, still no sceneries. Can't work it out, my computer is brand new, the LM install went okay, never had this problem with my old one, everything installed fine. Maybe I should have a go doing it your way with the libs, have to try something.

Don 

Hi Elaine, Nick & Scott,

I have followed Elaine's suggestion, and discovered that even though I installed the latest ORBX libs, it is NOT in the P3D>ORBX>user docs>versions folder.

No FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT, so nothing to delete. I'll try and install 180725 now and let you all know the outcome. I've posted a pic that shows the scenery software I have tried to install, and that it has partly installed. Thanks for your help.

Don  

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (5).png

Thank you Guys and Gals we are back to normal. I've just checked ybcg and ybbn and the scenery is there. I'll check a few more shortly, but I'm pretty confident that if they are there the others will be. I followed your directions Elaine -  Removing and reinstalling FTX Central and installing the latest ORBX libs.

Now I can go back to the hours and hours of installing the rest of my software.

Thanks again everyone for your help and patience

Don 

Archived