KSAN V2 - Photo Scenery - Blurry and Washed Out

GlennH

So I have no issues with any FTX regions or usually any FTX addon airports, even those with PR areas but KSAN v2 seems to have a real issue with blurry and washed out looking PR areas. I don't find it enjoyable at all to be quite honest.

I like the airport itself but I think I would prefer the surroundings of the FTX Southern California land class.

Is it possible to just have the airport scenery without all the PR area around San Diego?

Hi,

the colour of PR are made to match the sourrounding area, to me now is much better than before and i don't have any washed out colours or particular blurry ( remember the max resolution for the PR of San diego area is 1mt). I can suggest to look at your setting and play with saturation or other values.

Anyway is not possible to exclude the PR, the scenery has been made to work as it is.

Cheers

47 minutes ago, GlennH said:

So I have no issues with any FTX regions or usually any FTX addon airports, even those with PR areas but KSAN v2 seems to have a real issue with blurry and washed out looking PR areas. I don't find it enjoyable at all to be quite honest.

I like the airport itself but I think I would prefer the surroundings of the FTX Southern California land class.

Is it possible to just have the airport scenery without all the PR area around San Diego?

Hi Glenn I have a workaround for you that will just give you the airport and all the POI s and downtown with all the original Orbx San Diego LC which I prefer Ill PM you the instructions. This is unofficial.  Josh   Just want to say to Matteo I love this airport great job!

14 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Hi Glenn I have a workaround for you that will just give you the airport and all the POI s and downtown with all the original Orbx San Diego LC which I prefer Ill PM you the instructions. This is unofficial.  Josh   Just want to say to Matteo I love this airport great job!

PM sent.

Mike

On 8/18/2018 at 9:39 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

the colour of PR are made to match the sourrounding area, to me now is much better than before and i don't have any washed out colours or particular blurry ( remember the max resolution for the PR of San diego area is 1mt). I can suggest to look at your setting and play with saturation or other values.

Anyway is not possible to exclude the PR, the scenery has been made to work as it is.

Cheers

Sorry but compared to all my other FTX airports and regions where there are PR areas, the KSAN PR is blurry and seemingly low resolution. Also, if you go to the mexico border the PR does not colour match with the textures of FTX SOCAL at all. If I have just FTX SOCAL and no KSAN the textures are a perfect match.

Also see this video on AVSIM of KSAN v2

The PR also looks awfully blurry too....

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/540837-checking-out-v2-of-orbx-ksan/

Is there really no way we can just have the airport with the normal FTX SOCAL region surroundings?

I would note that the poster of the above video has set his frame rate to unlimited.  This setting could very well be the source of his blurries and poor ground texture resolution, as mentioned in a very long thread on the Avsim P3D forum.  In addition the video is very dark, which contributes to the poor quality, imo.  If the poster had simply turned off his weather or used a clear skies setting, it would have been easier to see the issues he was trying to highlight.

I saw the video, and i think there si something wrong in your installation, to make sure all is perfect i suggest to uninstall and reinstall the airport.

Do you have to take in mind the PR of KSAN it's huge and for an area of this dimension is not possible to have better resolution ( the actual resolution is 1mt). I spent many days to make sure the PR perfectly blend with sourrounding. So please post a screen where you think is not blended well. Also i suggest to to use more dense autogen, for sure using more dense autogen will improve a lot the final rendition.

Sorry but is not possible to exclude the PR.

cheers

Archived