KSAN SoCal mode cannot be ticked

big-mike

I have the same problem...I've uninstalled KSAN, closed FTX Central 3, then reinstalled KSAN. It still does not save the SoCAL compatibility mode.

When I look at SCA, I don't see a DEFAULT setting, so I'm not sure what you mean Nick. If you mean place certain settings as per the original installation of SCA, I don't know what those might be. Perhaps a screenshot of SCA default settings might help me.

Another thing to try with the KSAN control panel is to tick the OpenLC option, close the control panel, open it again, then tick the SoCal option.  Close the panel again, and open it to check if the option has stuck.  Mike and FlyBlueSkies, if you are still having issues please post screenshots of the following folders' contents:

......ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery 

and 

......ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSAN\Scenery

Cheers,

Thank you Scott,

I did set SoCAL to defaults, uninstalled KSAN V2, then reinstalled KSAN V2. Then I followed  your direction tick OpenLC, close the control panel, open again, then tick SoCal option. Unfortunately, it still does not stay (OpenLC stays, but not SoCal).

As FTX_NA_SCAO5_SCENERY\scenery folder would take quite a few screenshots to capture all of the files, I only took one. If you really do want them all, let me know.

WmPkaF3.jpg

Here is the screen shot of KSAN V2. Not all of the files, but perhaps enough to know what might be wrong...again, if you want the entire folder, let me know...

QwRGiaK.jpg

Just wanted to add, that I'm having this issue in P3DV4.3.

Even though the SoCAL does not stay CHECKED (ticked), are the appropriate files in fact OK (OLC-PR files are OFF, while SCA-PR are set to BGL)?

Thank you for your help!

Hi 

My SoCal button is working. Might not be the way to go but I manually downloaded a zip of KSAN 2, uninstalled KSAN 1 and freshly installed KSAN2 from manually downloaded ziip. Might be worth a try getting rid of KSAN 1 completely before installing KSAN 2 if you haven't already done it that way.

Cheers

unless there are any duplicates in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX\scenery

search for 

2_orthoimage_CA_USGS2012_SanDiego-Center_LOD4-16.BGL

2_orthoimage_CA_USGS2012_SanDiego-North_LOD4-16.BGL

2_orthoimage_CA_USGS2012_SanDiego-South_LOD4-16.BGL

If you find any .bgl.off versions in addition to these three,delete them.

Nick,

Thank you so MUCH!

I found "2_orthoimage_CA_USGS2012_SanDiego-Center_LOD4-16.BGL.OFF" and deleted it. After this, SoCal stays TICKED.

Nick, I noticed in your post that the path was  missing, so in case someone else needs to check these files, they are located here:

"\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX\scenery"

Thanks again Nick and for everyone else's help with this!

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing the same issue, but in P3D v4.3. The updated KSAN panel erases my choice of SCA compatibility no matter what I do. I checked the 3 files identified by Nick, and eased the three with bgl.off extension. However, opening FTX central and I still cannot choose compatibility mode. I tried also to uninstall KSAN and reinstall, but no luck, with or without the three files and bgl.off removed. Any advice?

Thanks, Brian  

Edit I just deleted also SCA and reinstalled both SCA and KSAN... that did the trick and I can choose again Southern California compatibility in the KSAN menu. This seems to be the way to get it done correctly. Please consider it as resolved, thanks.

Archived