How to handle new computer

Archive82

I recently downloaded some Orbx files to a second account on an established computer at a second site (my primary computer has its own account with many Orbx files).

However I have found this older unit no longer can handle the higher density/complex scenery files that you design and that I enjoy on my other more current unit at the alternate address.

My question: when I replace this older unit how do I handle the Orbx files (Base and Vector) on it and get them installed on a new machine so I can go forward with additional material? I obviously understand I need single computer installation. The problem is how to discard the old machine with the files and start over with a new machine without purchasing the files again? Certainly cannot be a new/unique problem and I'm sure you have an answer.

Archive

3 hours ago, Archive82 said:

My question: when I replace this older unit how do I handle the Orbx files (Base and Vector) on it and get them installed on a new machine so I can go forward with additional material?

You don't have to worry about it, you can just install FTX Central 3 on the replacement PC, log in to your account and install your products, and you can delete them from the old PC or format the hard drives on the old PC.

Cheers

Doug

My computer is after windows 10 major crash and system drive format. I am trying to install everything back. I have ran P3D v4 once.

1) I am not able to download my files from FSS as the links have error (this is an issue with ORBX purchased items only - see screenshot, and FSS is not responding for more than a day now).

image.png.493de9b3a7c8ec65e606cbe3ae5c091a.png

2) I tried to use my old download files but I am stopped during installation at the FTX Global Vector Setup window with nothing to choose (with Global Base it is a similar issue)

image.png.365dc6676f6478e7fa87b16c0571b319.png

3) I tried to use FTX Central 3 but my login and password is not the one I had written down. I made a new account for the one I had written down and of course the downloads are available only for a new purchase.

Anyway, I see that there is another required log in account at your page to sign in, and there is a third one for the support forum. If I understand it correctly, all of them are separate and can be different. The one I had written down was probably the one on the support forum. This might have been the reason I  exchanged one for another not knowing how many there are actually. If it is possible, you could integrate it somehow. Unless you do that then for a user who is not using it often, it might be confusing. 

Anyway, a lot of installation hours have passed, I have took a free day to sort it out and still stuck in the same place. Please help.

Regards

Paweł

Order Number: FSS0471509

Archived