Terrain issue

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but, i have ran the AEC tool config so sort out airport elevations with ai aircraft floating when on ground. However after landing in EGCC - Manchester i notcied that from one side of airport to other the terrain goes down the airport does not at all causing cliff like edge on one side. After running the tool it seems to move egcc to the disabled side is this why i'm getting the issues discribed as actually it needs to be enabled ?

I know P3D dosent do curved runways etc such as xplane, but I would think the terrain around the airport wouldn't look like a cliff edge etc also it's default p3d not add-on

Hi Ryan

Welcome to the forum

It is weird that being a default airport you are having this issue. What other Orbx products you have installed?

Do you also have a mesh addon?

Usually when airports have "floating" objects or produce ground sink, this gets fixed by running the Vector application or disabling the aiport in the application.

I once had an issue with KLAS, sunk. I was told to put off a bgl in a folder. Let me search for that and maybe you can try that and see if the issue gets fixed for your EGCC airport.

I bet you have your libraries updated, and the FTX point entries correctly assigned...

I also read once in a topic that this airport causes a headache in terms of terrain issues.

I'll search for the topic I mentioned so you can try EGCC and see if it gets fixed while someone more experiences from Orbx replies to you

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Ryan

This is what I was instructed to do for KLAS to fix the sink:

If you have SCA installed you may need to disable the KLAS elevation adjustment
 "ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment" in Scenery/World/Scenery.  Just add an " .off"

But I search for EGCC within Scenery/World/Scenery and there is no bgl there to fix (And I don't have your problem)

So this is no a solution for you.

We would have to wait for an expert to assist you. can you please meanwhile do a couple of things?

Put an order number in your signature (they'll ask for it unles Nick puts it himself)

and second if possible, place some pictures so they can have a better idea of your problem and can assist you faster

Sorry I could not help

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Brikkie said:

Grass is on the runway at KSFO???

Hi,

What does this mean?  Why is it posted in a thread about terrain issues at EGCC airport?

If you have an issue, please open new thread with information about your issue including screenshots.

Cheers,

Archived