Strange water textures Netherlands TrueEarth

Greetings folks

I was flying this evening in my Netherlands, south Lelystad and I found these water textures:

X7CqecE.jpg

I was heading north to Oudemirdum as I saw a lot more there:

QeLW0Vc.jpg

The intention was to take a larger picture but when went back to regular view the sim simply closed.

I did the merge of this product and Fly Tampa. I carefully followed all the instructions given by Orbx ( in case this could be of importance)

Any clues on what's going on, please?

Hi again

Dear @HolgerSandmann

Hope you are doing fine

I wonder if you could assist me with these strange textrure sin Netherlands pls..

I did all the suggested procedures you wrote to installe FT and Netherlands (and both products work fine) but I found these strange textures near Lelystand.

I though it could be related to the merge with FT but it seems nobody else has posted a similar issue..

What could be causing this, pls?

Regards,

Carlos

• 3 months later...

Hi Carlos,

sorry, I missed your post.

TE Netherlands includes custom waterclass textures for areas not covered by photoreal files. It looks like one or more of those textures is missing or corrupt. Please check, in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!NLD_08_CUSTOM\texture , for seven .bmp files whose names start with "343b2su". Are all seven present and do they share the same size and file date?

Cheers, Holger  

9 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Carlos,

sorry, I missed your post.

TE Netherlands includes custom waterclass textures for areas not covered by photoreal files. It looks like one or more of those textures is missing or corrupt. Please check, in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!NLD_08_CUSTOM\texture , for seven .bmp files whose names start with "343b2su". Are all seven present and do they share the same size and file date?

Cheers, Holger  

Hello Holger

Thank you very much for replying, I do appreciate it

Very interesting. I only have 6 .bmp under 343b2su, though all are the same date and same size. I searached3 times and even remove the 2su in order to see if something else shows up but not.

Where did the 7th go? Is it number 1 that is missing?

When I installed it (right when launched) I didn't have this problem

What could have caused this and how to fix it?

jigKJ4e.jpg

Thank you for your assistance

Cheers

7 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi again,

Nick's attachment should do the trick. You may also want to cross-check whether any other files from that folder have gone AWOL: the file count should be 30,719 items.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Olger

That's an excellent proactive prevention you've advised

I checked my folder and I only have 30,717.00

I'm missing  2 files

wTnWHjd.jpg

Do you think that if I remove the version file, FTX Central will detect the missing files and will download them?

This is a method Nick usually suggests when some textures cause problems, I think it might work unless there is a better way to know which are the missing ones among those 30.000...

Please advise as I don't want to spoil it, this is the biggest/largest addon I have and it takes quite a while to download so I want to be sure to do it the right way

Also, how did this happen? (missing files) as I want to prevent this

Thank both for your assistance

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I don't know why certain files disappeared from your TE Netherlands installation. Removing the version .txt file or using the Verify Files option will cause FTX Central to compare your installation with a manifest of files that should be there and then download any missing files.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Thank you

Yes, checking PAYA with Tim yesterday I realized the "verify files" tool in FTX so I run it last night to check the Netherlands. it took the whole night and still running this morning. I left home when it had checked 31,800 +

I hope that when I arrive this evening it is done.

I'll check and will report

thank you!

Hi Holger

it is still scanning. It goes at 31;976 In almost 12 hrs

Remember I have Fly Tampa and we had to do some modifications to both products,

By doing this scanning, the changes we made would be reverted? I mean, would the scanner install any Bgl that was put to off considering it as missing?

cheers

Carlos

Hello Holger / Nick

Process finished and I got the 30,719 files in the texture folder.

uWu0BDh.jpg

I'll test the scenery when I got a change to ensure all is fine but for now, this topic with the water and missing files can be closed. If ever have another problem I'll reach out

Thank you both!

Archived