[Sale] All Orbx Download Products 33% Off 1 Day Only @FSS! (Sale now finished)

Hi All,

We at The FlightSim Store are gearing up for the new years celebrations and are passing on some great discounts to our customers. As an added bonus we'll be slashing prices of all Orbx download products by 33% for the last day of 2009! This is a fantastic time to catch up on those purchases if you're yet to grab all of those outstanding Orbx airports and region packs.

Savings like this on products of this quality don't come around very often so take advantage of these specials starting from midnight the 31st of December, ending midnight 1st January.

Edit: Note - Midnight is from 0:00 hours making sale day all day the 31st of December.

Edit: Note - Midnight is from 0:00 hours making sale day all day the 31st of December.

Whee, count me in! But will it be obvious on the web site? I'm struggling with timezones here, but I think this will be from about 14:00 Wednesday in the UK? Don't want to miss it...

But will it be obvious on the web site? I'm struggling with timezones here, but I think this will be from about 14:00 Wednesday in the UK? Don't want to miss it...

Yes it should be obvious. You'll see the old price crossed out and the special price in red text. And remember, here in Sydney we're UTC +11 with daylight savings time in effect.

Well I just finished the Orbx AU collection and got Jandakot, Melbourne and Avalon as well FSX Go for good measure.  ;D

Have to say I'm still experiencing slow download speeds, currently around 200KB/sec and seems to be climbing on 10Meg connection. Still I effectively got one of the airfields for nothing so not all bad - thanks Adrian!

A bit miffed though as I forgot to put the 10% off code in during payment options to get a a slight reduction on Shockwave Redux lights that I purchased at the same time, not a lot I know, but when you've lost your job you soon start to watch your spending and keep an eye on maling savings.  >:(

Thanks a lot for this new year present :D I've just purchased FTX RED, FTX Blue, YMML, FTX Go and Coffs Harbour. Great timing by the way, I have AS re-sits in two weeks; I promise not to install anything until the exams are over :D

I believe I got 33% off of several ORBX items, plus an additional 10% off as well by using the code from the FSS home page - it's either an exceptional deal, or I can't do basic math very well....  :)

D/L speeds for the three airports I picked up were 1.52Mb/s with bursts to 1.6.

Happy New Year to all!

I just couldn't resist and bought the six packages I was still missing from Orbx. Plenty of airports to try the 727 and C130 I just bought in Captain Sim's "happy day"... certainly a most wonderful Christmas  ;D

Best regards,

Juan Andres

I believe I got 33% off of several ORBX items, plus an additional 10% off as well by using the code from the FSS home page - it's either an exceptional deal, or I can't do basic math very well....  :)

You've got the math right there Travis, you saved an awesome 43% off the regular price on the Orbx products!

Looks like I just missed it  :-\

Nope, its still on at the moment, until midnight Sydney time I think, and @ AUD$26.80 per airport its a bargain!

Remember to use the "NEWYEAR10" redemption code, I bought $214.40 worth of airports last night and didn't realise that the code was available, what a douche  ::)  Have emailed FSS, hopefully they can sort a deal  ;)

Happy shopping!

Jason

well i went to FSS this morning like I do sometimes and happened across the discounts so i bought myself several airports.  It wasnt until after my purchases that I noticed the front page mentioning the 10% off coupon but I hardly care!  I got YHBA which Ive been wanting for awhile.

It looks like I finally had Christmas.  Ill still get PNW and Maroochydyre though.  Im anxiously awaiting both of those...still :)

Yay I got Jandakot.  Looks like Sibwings misses out, I was thinking of the Bird Dog but it's a bit expensive for another VFR plane to tool around in, even if it is a good'un.  So the money goes to the market-setters this time.

Well back to flying rather than chatting about it... lol

John, thank you for this wonderful New Year's eve offer on your splendid products! Since you made mention in a past post

that sound effects would be included at Tamworth in an upcoming update, we  decided on purchasing now and putting the savings into your future products...

All the best,

Joseph

For the many loyal customers around the world purchasing Orbx products through the FlightSim Store in Australia, to be equally fair, as a last day of 2009 sale, the New Year's eve 33% discount should have been applied to all time zones other than Australia alone.  Most people (including myself) were asleep, with no prior knowledge this event was even in progress.  We  check our email daily--and reading the store advertisement of the sale, we immediately turned to the site. Seeing the caption on the home page, we then made our purchase- the morning of Dec.31st, 2009. After doing so and not seeing the discount applied at checkout, we inquired and were informed we were under the wire of the Australian time zone-- (although we are US residents)... :(

There can be no doubt of loyalty to the Orbx cause here--from day one we've supported this great company (and will continue) with our enthusiasm and dollars...

Joseph and Linda

Like with for example the CaptainSim sale as well, it was a 24 hour period which would have given everyone ample time to take 1-2 minutes out of their day, morning, evening to make a purchase as such. The time frame was not chosen to advantage or disadvantage anyone :)

Archived