When P3D V4.3 cometh; to uninstall or not. That is the question.

Sorry folks, I've already forgotten what I did when 4.1 upped to 4.2  (age!)

So when LM upgrades v4.2 to 4.3 do I have to totally uninstall all my Orbx Global and Europe products?  (Then,  assuming I have uninstalled everything, how will I know when the time is right to reinstall all my Orbx?)

Sorry to be so simple

Rod EGBB

Hello,

possibly a better question might be "should I update to version 4.3".

It is always a good idea to carefully read the "changelog" before updating to

see whether there is actually anything in the update that benefits you.

As far as Orbx products are concerned, few, if any, would notice a difference in the way

they behave between version 4.0 and 4.2

If you do decide that there is a worthwhile reason, then the client only update has so far

been easily done and has had no effect at all.

Updating the client and content has little or no impact on Orbx products.

Updating the scenery would overwrite FTX Global Base textures but you should be able to

restore them with a reinstall of the product and the libraries.

Hi Nick and Paul

thanks for these great responses ……………. helped me to really think it through and create options ….as well as know what to do in each case 

I appreciate you tolerating me "sweating the small stuff".

You've both helped me again. Right then, its 'Spitfire Shoreham to Fairoaks' for me.

Rod

EGBB

PS Well done Iceland!!

12 hours ago, paulb said:

I agree 100% with Nick.  I am still with 4.0. It suits my needs. 

Personally, I will probably wait for 5.0 Rod and see what that offers! :D

I'm still at 4.0 also. It's going to take a major (as in very great) change for me to move to any other version. Looking at the changes between 4.0 and 4.2 there is nothing that would benefit me. Don't fix it if it ain't broke...................Doug

Sometimes the important stuff lies within the details. The AS A320 will only come for 4.3, as there seems to be an intrinsic bug (?) limiting the clickspots inside a VC. Something you would never notice using todays addons but still important. Means: no update to 4.3, no AS Airbus. Whether or not you have to decide on your own, but so far I did all the updates within little timeframe and never had any bigger issue. Personally, to me there is no reason why not to update at least the client. But that is of course just another opinion...

Archived