Well, it might be true.

I was online trying to locate Sectionals from the late 50's and early 60's and learned they are only available as antiques and are priced as such.

I slowly dawned on me that if the charts that I used to use are antiques then I must be one too.  :huh::( 

Dale

On 6/7/2018 at 10:11 AM, Doc_Z said:

I thought antiques were over 100 years old, but you might be a collectible.

By the time you become a collectible nobody wants to collect you unless they can put you on a shelf somewhere out of the way,

They claim it's because I no longer care about convention or protocol and have this nasty habit of saying what is on my mind.

Dale

The older ones in Canada used to have the AM radio stations marked on them. As a youngster I flew rotary wing for a lot of years in the days before GPS and as there was usually an ADF in the panel those AM radio stations sure helped when being in an unfamiliar area and poor weather....plus you could pick up the news and a little music. I would love to have a few of those old maps but like a lot of things you don't miss them till they're gone.

Dave

On 6/11/2018 at 8:08 PM, olderndirt said:

Remember taxiing out at McGrath, AK and, just for laughs, tuning my old Bendix to Anchorage AM station KFQD (10000 watts) and got a needle point.  Followed the needle for 190 kts and was there.

Fond memories......

Archived