Canberra files?

Jack Sawyer

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack,

From memory, didn't we remove these files for the Cityscape scenery?

If so, then it would seem logical to do the same thing on a new install.

That's what I remember now too.  Thanks Paul, I'll have to do this as soon as I get a chance.

Yes Jack, it's safe to do this. Some of the files are present inboth the scenery folders (airport and cityscape) and even if there is a priority in the scenery library, if you have both sceneries it's better to avoid the duplications, as JD says.

3 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Yes Jack, it's safe to do this. Some of the files are present inboth the scenery folders (airport and cityscape) and even if there is a priority in the scenery library, if you have both sceneries it's better to avoid the duplications, as JD says.

Thanks Maurizio, so could you remind when what exactly I need to do and where the files are located?  Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Yes, of course. If you have both the scenery YSCB airport and Canberra cityscape you can

1.  In the...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YSCB\Scenery folder is a file named ORBX_YSCB_60cm_PR.bgl.  Rename this file to ORBX_YSCB_60cm_PR.bgl.OFF.  (This because the cityscape scenery folder contains the same PR and the same autogen)

2.  Additionally, I have found it might be beneficial to remove the following files from the YSCB\Scenery folder, as they are duplicated in the Cityscape folder.  I was getting a lot of flickering in the industrial estate buildings that seems to have disappeared now. The files are those listed at the top of this post.

30 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Yes, of course. If you have both the scenery YSCB airport and Canberra cityscape you can

1.  In the...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YSCB\Scenery folder is a file named ORBX_YSCB_60cm_PR.bgl.  Rename this file to ORBX_YSCB_60cm_PR.bgl.OFF.  (This because the cityscape scenery folder contains the same PR and the same autogen)

2.  Additionally, I have found it might be beneficial to remove the following files from the YSCB\Scenery folder, as they are duplicated in the Cityscape folder.  I was getting a lot of flickering in the industrial estate buildings that seems to have disappeared now. The files are those listed at the top of this post.

Thanks Maurizio!  Yes, I have them both, in fact I have all that Orbx makes and love it.  Thanks, the files I posted a screenshot of, that's perfect, I'll do it today and I very much appreciate all your help!

Archived