Las Vegas Strip not improved with FTX Global

I just purchased FTX Global for FSX:SE and I love it! I just purchased Vector and am currently installing it right now! My question is that I mainly fly out of my hometown of Las Vegas, and I noticed an area around the Las Vegas strip that still has the old textures. While I appreciate the fact that there's that big of a difference between the default FSX textures and ORBX, I am wondering why this happens? Do I need to purchase the Southern California texture pack also to fix this issue?
Thank you for all your help.

20180522122730_1.jpg

Hi,

The area you are seeing which is a different colour in your picture is the photoreal coverage of the strip which is included in the default simulators.  The ORBX Southern California region covers the same area in landclass, not photoreal.  The same default buildings are used, as the strip was one of the original FSX detailed cities.  The Las Vegas strip is not done in high detail like some other standalone cityscape products.  There are a few areas surrounding Las Vegas which are done in photoreal, such as Hoover Dam and the speedway.

This is not to detract from the Southern California region product, as it adds dozens of photoreal areas, POIs and cityscapes in other areas, improves all the airports in the region, and overall is a fantastic product covering the entire included region in fantastic detail.  I just wanted to point this out so you didn't expect a high resolution photoreal replica of the Las Vegas Strip when that is not included in the SoCal region.  That being said, I'm sure you would enjoy the product anyway.

Cheers,

After thinking about it, the default photo scenery is closer to the color of the Las Vegas desert. The ORBX Global or SCA is too green.

When you guys come to Vegas in June, look around and tell me if there isn't too much green in your product (especially around the runways of KLAS) :huh:

But in the meantime, I have the default Las Vegas un-ticked so it at least matches.

Archived