gold coast scenery not working

crockett

I have FSX + acceleration package with windows 10 and have installed gold coast scenery. When i try to initiate a flight from the airport on the setup selection screen, the programme crashes. When i fly from a nearby airport over the area, it is all basic default scenery.

I have tried uninstalling all products and re-installing. I have forced migration, cleared temp files and checked the insertion points as recommended recently on this forum.

Everything is up to date. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

David

Hi,

I would suggest uninstalling and installing the product again, followed by an uninstall and reinstall of the FTX Libraries.

Delete the file "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT" which is found at:  ".......\FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions".

Open up FTX Central 3 and install the libraries again.

Then, could you try using the FTX Central 3 "Insertion Point " tool in the FTX Central 3 settings to ensure all sceneries are in the correct order in your scenery.cfg.

Cheers,

Hello Scott. I have done all you said (3 times) There seem to be two things that may be issues? At the insertion point it will only accept "at top of library"on the top line, then FTX on the second box underneath.

The other is, when i set up the free flight in FSX it goes to the scenery set up screen and shows the download box but no loading happens. Also perhaps significantly the screen resolution drops to 32 bit (i think) anyway the whole thing looks larger and less clear and i have to go thru task manager (which also appears in the lower resolution) to clear.

What do you think?

I have AMD FX 6300 6 core AM3+cpu

GEForce GTX 1060 6gb and 16gb ram in case it is pertinant

Thanks for your help

David

HI David,

For your latter problems, I can only suggest deleting your fsx.cfg file, and hopefully that will solve the issues.  A new one will be built on restart of the sim.  The fsx.cfg file can be found in "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

Using the insertion point tool is only really required if you have any other 3rd party scenery installed.  Opening FTX Central and letting it run for a few seconds should put your base and ORBX scenery entries in order, but try using the tool either way to make sure.

Here is a guide on how to use the tool by Nick:

If you are still having issues please attach a copy of your fsx.cfg file and scenery.cfg file to your next post.

Cheers,

Thank you Scott. I understand now re the insertion points. I deleted the fsx file. on start up it was if just installed, but showed various script errors. When going to free flight i just got a black screen. I could not use task manager to close, only to restart.

fsx cfg file is attached but could not locate the scenery cfg file?

It may be easier to reinstall FSX and then Orbx files? Just to clarify Scott. this only happens when I try to fly from Gold Coast airport. Otherwise FSX is behaving normally.

fsx.CFG.txt

HI,

The scenery.cfg is located in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX", although that should not be causing any errors as you are describing.

Can you try deleting the fsx.cfg file and let the sim build a new one again?  This time, see if you can get a screenshot of the script errors you are seeing.

For the moment uninstall Gold Coast and see if you can get everything running normally.  You should not need to use task manager to shut down FSX.  I prefer to use the escape key to end a flight and to shut down the program.  I am unsure how Gold Coast can be causing these issues.

Cheers,

Scott. Having uninstalled gold coast,  and deleting the cfg file everything is working as it should. No script errors and i am now able to exit via escape.

I think i will continue without the gold coast and see if i am able to get a refund.

I really appreciate your assistance, you are a patient man!

Thanks mate

david

No problem David,

If you want to post your scenery.cfg I can check that, as I can't figure out how you are not seeing the scenery if it's installed correctly.  It could be you are having some problem with the combination of FSX Acceleration, Windows 10, and the Gold Coast scenery.  The scenery was tested in FSX, but it may have only been tested in FSX Steam Edition, which is a bit more tolerant to issues than the boxed version.  I personally have FSX-SE and Windows 7 64 bit.

If you open a ticket with support they should help you out with an exchange or refund if you want to take that route.

Cheers,

Hi David

I don't see anything wrong with your scenery.cfg. so please go to your C:\Users\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\FSX folder and delete the entire "Shaders" folder and restart FSX so it can build a new one.

Cheers

Doug

Doug

I have tried deleting the shades folder. Have also uninstalled the acceleration package and tried again without success. I have put in a request for a credit. Thank you to you and everone else who took the time to help me. Scott might be right about it only working on steam?

David

2 hours ago, crockett said:

Doug

I have tried deleting the shades folder. Have also uninstalled the acceleration package and tried again without success. I have put in a request for a credit. Thank you to you and everone else who took the time to help me. Scott might be right about it only working on steam?

David

It also works perfectly fine in my boxed FSX Gold.

Thank you all for your help. I am going to get the steam edition of FSX and reinstall everything.

For the record Nick, i was not condemning the product, simply following Scott's suggestion below.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, Scott Harmes said:

If you open a ticket with support they should help you out with an exchange or refund if you want to take that route.

I think the product is very good and easy to install etc and will certainly continue to download.

Again, thank you, your use of logic taught me a few things

David

Archived