Netherlands favorite airports?

Since there currently aren't any ORBX airports in the Netherlands yet, I have no idea where to start my GA flights.  I have FlyTampa EHAM, but I'm waiting for a compatibility patch from Holger on that, and I wouldn't mind some other suggestions anyways, since it's not exactly GA-oriented.  Closest I've personally been to the Netherlands is Poland, so I have no idea where neat places to fly would be, much less what any neat airports that ORBX modeled would be.

Suggestions?

-stefan

I suppose Netherlands is small enough that I might be able to get away with that and not miss something spectacular.  I was thinking of NZSI, for example, before they released any airports.  I saw some thread where someone suggested NZMF, so I did that as one of my earlier flights, and I'm really glad I did - it was such a good location that they even made a payware one.  I was hoping to find something along those lines that I might have otherwise missed, but I suppose you're right that it's less of a thing with Netherlands since it's so much smaller.

-stefan

Until ORBX came with The Netherlands, the freeware scenery of NL2000 was / is the top of the bill. Visit their website. Nice areas to fly around are along the coast in the southwest (province of Zeeland, start at EHSE or EHMZ) and around the Wadden Isles in the north (start from EHDK, really nice in NL2000 scenery). The harbour of Rotterdam (EHRD) is nice too.

Hans Hartvelt

The Netherlands

Until ORBX came with The Netherlands, the freeware scenery of NL2000 was / is the top of the bill. Visit their website. Nice areas to fly around are along the coast in the southwest (province of Zeeland, start at EHSE or EHMZ) and around the Wadden Isles in the north (start from EHDK, really nice in NL2000 scenery). The harbour of Rotterdam (EHRD) is nice too.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
Thanks for the reply Hans737. I understand the enhanced airports that come with Orbx TE NL are around the same quality as the NL2000 ones. Is this true or did I misunderstand somewhere? Are NL2000 ones better quality?

Thanks

Archived