New Computer

Hi Guys,

I have been searching for an answer but cannot find it.

I am getting a new MSI computer I want to install P3D v4 plus all of my Orbx stuff, what is the correct order to install ?

Thanks in advanced for your help

Hello Wombat

You first install FTX Central

Once you run it all of the products will show as not installed.

And a message in white letters and blue background warning you to install the ORBX libraries will show at the bottom left of the application over settings,:

image.png.e3aef971b233a85bcd48fdbf38d023bf.png

First istall should be the FTX Global base pack as it makes a back up of all of the sim original textures. (The trees one also requests this back up)

Once you install the FTX Global BAse Back you can install the libraries and and then the vector

Then the regions and finally the individual airports, and AI traffic lights etc.

Remember to set your entries like this:

image.png.4bd23876c5eccf622638263519718a5d.png

The FTX entries should be inserted below you very first addon and the Open LC entries below FTX

Once you installe the Global Base and the libraries and run once the sim the second entry (Open LC will put automatically the FTX value) but if it doesm't you can put it manually.

You go to settings on the main page and then the screen leads you to the second image pasted. This setting area is in the middle of the application.

Hope this helps.

At least is the way I've installed all

Regards,

Carlos

Thanks Triplane, I will first install P3D v4.2 and then FTXCentral and go from there, I want to keep everything flight sim on my old laptop then when everything is installed on my MSI delete the stuff from my Qosmio

Hi, I just completed this process yesterday and if you are already using P3Dv4 and don't want to spend forever re-downloading all your Orbx scenery follow this guide provided by Nick Cooper. Works like a charm and SAVES days of downloading (I have all the Global products, all the Regions and 45 Airports - 250GB worth). I have a 100MBps fibre connection and unfortunately FTX Central still takes forever to download stuff.

Archived