ORBX Global and OpenLC Europe overlap

Myulu

Hello,

I have had a problem for some time, and probably FTX Global and OpenLC Europe overlap each other.

I mean that suddenly textures stop drastically or a field is sharply demarcated from a forest.

In the picture(I couldn't upload more because of the limit of 7,95MB but if needed I could upload more in the next Posts), you can see clearly that there is something wrong ...

Does anyone know the problem?

Prepar3D Screenshot 2018.04.17 - 18.08.45.11.png

Hi,

That actually looks perfectly normal for some areas, but it would be impossible for us to tell unless you provide screenshots with coordinates from the Shift+Z keys, so we can determine the location and help you by going there to have a look.

Also, below is a link on how to post screenshots with no limits, although you may need to open your images in paint and resize them if the image host reports them as too big.

Cheers

Doug

Hi

Sorry, I don't see any issues, the sim does have some limitations, but for the most part if you compare what your are seeing to Google Earth, it is very close. You can also do your own comparisons by unchecking\deactivating items in your scenery library to see the difference. 

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

Its still a bit weird that textures are cutted Sharp by a Forest for example.

On my first Pic, is it normal that the colors of the Forest are changing so extremely?

Cheers,

David

Hi David

Yes this is all perfectly normal, the lime green trees are "speed trees" by LM, you can turn them off by unchecking the 3D vegetation option in your P3D settings and restarting the sim (sometimes it takes a couple of restarts)....the Orbx TreesHD look much better :)

Cheers

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I asked in another Forum and there I was told that it is not normal and there should be a problem.

I used the migration tool a few times but it doesn't seem like something changed...

Here is another screenshot after I also updated the ORBX Libraries:

https://imgur.com/a/XWZbxaf

I think it doesn´t look normal when a Forest crosses sharply a City/Town....

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

there are two types of landclass files, raster and polygon. The raster landclass forms the base with a regular grid of land use textures with each texture spanning about 1.2km by 1.2km. If that was the only landclass type in place then there would be few sharp edges between features given that the raster cells are joined through blendmask files to avoid an obvious grid pattern (though the blendmasks don't work 100% either).

However, since a grid of 1.2km x 1.2km would not be sufficient to accurately portray most real-world landscapes, especially the fine-grained land use patterns of central Europe, the addition of a polygon landclass layer places digitized features like golf courses, mines, small forests, highway and utility corridors, etc.

Those polygons overlap the blended raster landclass files meaning you'll see more sharp edges and cut-offs in unexpected places but, spatially, the landscape more closely resembles what is there in the real world, allowing for better VFR navigation. I've attached two screenshots that show how this overlay of polygons on the raster base looks in one of the development tools.

In short, landclass scenery is always a balance or compromise between having recognizable local features and an overly generic landscape.

Cheers, Holger  

openLC EU Region 6 GE in TMFViewer a.jpg

openLC EU Region 6 GE in TMFViewer b.jpg

Archived