Suggestion for the online FTX shop

Just a quick bit of feedback on the products section in the OrbX shop: I think if we were able to sort the scenery products by sim as well as by region that would be a great help going forward. Up until now, all the OrbX sceneries have been for the same sims, so it wasn't an issue, but looking at the roadmap, there are going to be plenty of things available for FS2 and XP11, but currently if you go into the products section, it is quite hard to find the stuff that supports those sims. It may not be an easy fix, but I just thought I'd post the suggestion here.

I think it's a fair point.

It does seem clear enough which is which, but there is no means at the moment to search by simulator.

At the moment it isn't really a large problem but as the catalogue for other simulators increases, it would

then be a useful function.

I will bring this topic to the attention of those who may be able to implement it in due course.

We will be introducing filter buttons to OrbxDirect so you will only see the content available for the sims you have active in the filter. This has been planned for some time but it requires some major surgery underneath the site’s skin so we have hired another developer to assist Ben with this, among other things.

Your feedback is appreciated.

I also have and suggestion/request

Is is possible to put on the promo images the location where they where taken? For example this great picture in South Germany:

image.thumb.png.84e77c1fc0c3bc252c1346d5e5f1d3b8.png

I would like to fly right there but don't know how to reach it with precision...

If the picture has some sort of, near Munich, or by lake XX or near XXX or the exact spot It would be great so we can fly right in.

There are lots of great pics but in some cases it is difficult to reach them. Flying in the area you saw in the product page would give the sensation of really having the product you saw, mainly if it was that specific image you saw what convinced you of buying the product, like in this case for me, the above picture made me bought SG befgore GN.

Images are indeed important.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I think it's a fair point.

It does seem clear enough which is which, but there is no means at the moment to search by simulator.

At the moment it isn't really a large problem but as the catalogue for other simulators increases, it would

then be a useful function.

I will bring this topic to the attention of those who may be able to implement it in due course.

I certainly agree, and as Brad says, at the moment it's no big deal, but I was thinking ahead to when there are multiple versions for different sims available. Anyway it's clear that the team is already on it so thanks for considering the idea. I'm very much looking forward to getting the UK scenery for XP11, Thomas Rasmussen's preview of the Barton airport looks amazing.

Archived