Screenshot format

Fizzelle

11 hours ago, BradB said:

I never heard of that rule , I have used this site for years : http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

+1 to that. Highly recommended!

I've been using FSFiles for a fair few years now. It's a great service (and free). Other image hosters seem to come and go (remember the Photobucket debacle?), but FSFiles seems to go forever.

@Fizelle - I think what you're seeing as "embedded" are remote files but set to display in the body of the post - in the form:

[img=your_pic_url_here]

What part of W.Yorkshire are you from? I grew up in Leeds!

Adam.

I've been using Flickr.. IMGUR is absolutely unbearable to use because it compresses images to near Facebook quality and completely and utterly ruins all visual aspects of the original.  Flickr still keeps quality to its near original state. 

Hi guys, I asked only because this is the post at the top of the Forum:

As no-one seemed to be using it anymore, I just thought I'd ask; having been unimpressed by the image quality of my linked IMGUR post above. I'll try out the fsfiles position and see if I can do that instead.

9 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

+1 to that. Highly recommended!

I've been using FSFiles for a fair few years now. It's a great service (and free). Other image hosters seem to come and go (remember the Photobucket debacle?), but FSFiles seems to go forever.

@Fizelle - I think what you're seeing as "embedded" are remote files but set to display in the body of the post - in the form:

[img=your_pic_url_here]

What part of W.Yorkshire are you from? I grew up in Leeds!

Adam.

Blimey Mate, a Leeds lad with an NZ accent?!

I'm currently on the Saltaire-Shipley-Moorhead boundary about 5 mins walk from this iconic place:

http://www.saltairevillage.info/Saltaire_WHS_Salts_Mill.html

http://www.saltsmill.org.uk/

4 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Blimey Mate, a Leeds lad with an NZ accent?!

I'm currently on the Saltaire-Shipley-Moorhead boundary about 5 mins walk from this iconic place:

After leaving Leeds and a spell in London, I spent most of my time in the UK in Gloucestershire - so I probably sound more like a West Country yokel with hardly a Kiwi accent at all!

I'd forgotten how amazing some of those Northern Mills are. In Gloucestershire, I lived near Stroud which, at one time, had around 100 mills in its surrounding valleys. Quite picturesque - but nothing quite as solidly imposing as some of the mills around Bradford, Huddersfield etc.

Back on topic: I'm sure you'll get on well with FSFiles. I find it best to set up some categories (galleries) then my procedure is roughly as follows:

1) Log in and upload your pics.
2) With them still active/selected,  go to "Embed Codes" and select "Direct Links" (works for ORBX, but other forums might prefer "BBCode Embed").
3) Copy the links into your copy/paste buffer, then paste them temporarily into a .txt file. You can then use these links at leisure when subsequently posting here.

4) After you've copied the links, move the images to one of your galleries.

The great thing about FSFiles is that it doesn't mess with your images in any way whatsoever. No resizing or re-sampling.

Adam.

8 minutes ago, teecee said:

Leeds eh Adam? I lived for many years at Tadcaster and before that York.. Teecee.

Yes - I think we already reminisced about "Taddy Ales, Tetley's" etc. maybe in some other forum. I used to go to York a lot - and had to pass through Tadcaster. I wonder if the brewery still exists? I worked in a pub in Leeds for a short while and was shocked to see the slops from the beer pumps go straight back into the barrel in the cellar ... YUK!!!!

Archived