Deception Pass Bridge Collapse

KP Woodsong

I have installed PNW and have not installed anyone else's mesh.

Installed: Global Base, NA Blue,  Global Vector, Trees, open LC North America, Northern Rockies, PNW, Northern California, NA Airport Pack and other airports including Anacortes.  

I was flying an A2A Piper Cub at dawn when I took the shot. 

Yes, that's the one, part of SR 20. I've flown over it lots of time IRL and been under it once...on a Seattle-Victoria ferry. The representation in Nick's shots, including Pass Island, the small island between the longer (main) south span and the north span, is truly what it looks like. In the OP picture, Pass Island is misshapen.

Here's the south span looking east. Whidbey Island to the right. The left/north end is anchored to Pass Island:DSCN0213.thumb.JPG.4b2bbe7779db0e6cd7c0b920992cf172.JPG:

11 hours ago, teecee said:

the co-ords don't put me at the bridge.. is it the one North of Whidbey Island NAS? I see a bridge there but nothing like the one in the screenshot.Teecee.

G'day Terry, this is part of the Anacortes airport scenery, you may be seeing the PNW version. 

Cheers

The Op's picture and Nick's are from the Anacortes add-on. Here's what it looks like in Orbx PNW, looking west as in the OP's shot. It's just a plain ribbon bridge, not the nicely detailed truss bridge from the Anacortes scenery. The small island at the right of the longer span is Pass Island, and it's what's distorted in the OPs picture:

5ab47f8b853a9_DeceptionPassBridgePNW.thumb.jpg.7d31e7de5a777a53cac0dd6560ddacc5.jpg

And here's the real thing, looking the other way (east), as in Nick's first shot, with Whidbey Island on the right and Pass Island on the right. You can really see how much more real it is in the Anacortes version:

5ab4805f65611_DeceptionPassBridge.jpg.2d75e2a25852f5acc6b1de5207b689aa.jpg

On 3/21/2018 at 2:56 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Please check the integrity and order of your scenery library and that your mesh complexity is set to 5m

Thanks.

Setting the mesh complexity to 5m solved the problem. 

Thanks

Archived