Anyone?

Kev D

I have just reinstalled P3D v4.2 and added my ORBX folder with World scenery as per Nick's instructions for re-installing without all the re-downloading.  I've done it before and it worked well, but all my airports in Orbx have this blue transparency now.  I've run the Vector elevations correction tool as well.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nick, I hope you see this and can offer some advice.

Kev

2018-3-19_15-43-14-648.jpg

Hi Kev,

Terrain normally looks like this when P3D is still compiling its shaders. What happens when you let it sit like that for a while? If the issue doesn't resolve itself, try going to "c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\" and deleting the "Shaders" folder, then running P3D again. If you're unfamiliar with the procedure, don't panic when the screen goes all black when you restart the sim, it takes a while to recompile all the shaders.

HTH,

Tym

Now that's weird, I've never seen that before. It looks like airports are not the only thing affected as the mountains in the distance have no textures, either. Are you using PTA or any other shader mods?

EDIT: Does the same happen outside Orbx regions?

Tym

Yep, Libraries are installed.  Everything is new as it is a clean install.  I did install Envdir though.  Never had a problem before - could it be P3D v4.2 related - seems unlikely.

Kev

2 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Yep, Libraries are installed.  Everything is new as it is a clean install.  I did install Envdir though.  Never had a problem before - could it be P3D v4.2 related - seems unlikely.

Kev

There is a patch to download for the EnvTex in 4.2 there were changes. A patch will be in the SimMarket account download of the order.

Tried that Doug.

Update: it is definitely Envtex!  So I now need to think around this.  I reinstalled P3D v4.2 Client and solved the problem - all Orbx stuff displaying normally.  Then I reinstalled Envtex and the problem came back.  Now need to re-install Client again to get back to normal.  Will hold off for a few weeks with Envtex.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Kev

Hi Kev,

I'm glad you've gotten to the bottom of it. Apparently, the modified shader is incompatible with 4.2 and fails to compile. Before you give Envtex another try, make sure you back up the "\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\" folder so that you don't have to reinstall the client if anything goes wrong.

Tym

Archived