P3d v4.2 Update for Dummies

Dear all. 

I've read through all the topics and yet I'm uncertain about how to update to v2, if I want to update scenery and contents, too. It's obvious how to just update the client. That's why I decided to start this topic in order to get a step by step guide and have the following questions answered, not only for me but others who are not native speakers. 

Questions I have is, if I update scenery and contents do I need to uninstall all my scenery eg FTX and FS Global or the CLS DC-10 or PMDG aircraft or can I leave them as is and they'll work out? Second, in which order do I update client, content and scenery and is there anything to watch out like waiting one or two minutes or restarting P3D each time? 

Any answer is much appreciated. :)

Kind regards. 

To be honest, there really isn't any great reason to update content and scenery (read the change logs), c lient is probably enough.  The best thing for you is to go to the P3D forum and read Elaine's guides.

Hi

Do not uninstall any Orbx scenery or FS Global mesh....and please read the below instructions. If you choose to update the P3D default scenery, you will only need to reinstall FTX Global base after everything else is done.

https://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v4.pdf

Cheers

Doug

6 hours ago, sun_king_135 said:

Dear all. 

I've read through all the topics and yet I'm uncertain about how to update to v2, if I want to update scenery and contents, too. It's obvious how to just update the client. That's why I decided to start this topic in order to get a step by step guide and have the following questions answered, not only for me but others who are not native speakers. 

There are pinned topics including exhaustive "step by step" guides pinned at the top of the P3D discussion forum

Nick, thanks for the link. I did have a look into several topics, before I decided to start this one. ;)

What I'd need to know is the exact order on how to install the content, scenery and client and if I need to uninstall or rather reinstall these apart from FTX Global Upgrade. 

And yes, I know several users might have several experiences or issues, but maybe there's a good solution. 

Kind regards. 

Archived