sydney harbour bridge traffic

capt sl

Hi

not sure what has happened or when . only just noted today, the road traffic on the bridge has gone weird,

traffic at the southern end heading approaching  the bridge going north take up all lanes . theres no traffic at all on the bridge which im sure used to be as I also checked on a very old setup

another thing is traffic from the road below are vertically climbing and going across the 2 pylons at both ends and also the opposite

it seems the ramp a the northern end is elevated and cars are dropping on the road it should connect to

FSX, P3D? I just checked in my P3Dv4.2 ... the traffic seems to work fine - and route properly. Have you had (or still have) any non-ORBX scenery for Sydney?

A couple of screenshots may help too - then we can try to replicate the scenario!

Adam.

thx for your reply Adam.  its in FSX.  only thing I have with FTX AU  as far as Sydney is  the FT YSSY and OZX YSBK ( currently switched off as it puts extra load on approach to syd in terms of VAS)

this is the northern end where the end of the bridge road hangs well above the joining road

Md3Jfwz.jpg

southern end  . where traffic all head in one direction (north) just before the pylons. also the loop road below. traffic goes along that road and once  it reaches the pylon pops up on the bridge and goes across the pylons then pops back down and continues on the road below

COxPvVL.jpg

I'm no expert, but sounds to me like your OzX scenery added some elevation corrections, which could have messed things up slightly. Thanks for the screenshots - hopefully they'll help other devs to see what's what.

I'll see if I can dust off my FSX to see what I get. Perfect in P3D, but that's not much help to you!

Adam.

EDIT: Tried it in FSX. No problems at all. So ... looks like your elevations are messed up :-(

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I have the same issue in P3Dv4.2, but have not been able to investigate it yet....but the first thing I will do to troubleshoot when I am back in front of my FS PC is to uncheck/deactivate my FS Global mesh product.

Do you have a mesh product installed?

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I only have holgermesh.

Hi there,

your initial screenshots show that the Holgermesh isn't active because the terrain around the bridge looks entirely different. In fact, it's not the default terrain mesh either because it isn't all that different from the Holgermesh for Sydney Harbour and the bridge still fits well.

Are you sure you don't have a third-party add-on active with local or global terrain mesh? Something is reshaping your Sydney area terrain.

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

if you don't know what add-on might be the cause then position yourself at the location, in slew or pause mode, then temporarily uncheck all add-on scenery entries for Australia (other than Orbx). If the issue disappears then re-activate half of those entries; using this iterative 50/50 active/inactive approach generally leads to much quicker results than checking each entry separately.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

So I found it is definitely not a mesh issue, I even activated Vector and got the same result....but after I reinstalled Australia all is fixed.

This is another image of the issue...traffic at both ends of the bridge and steering off just before crossing, but no traffic going across the bridge.

YSSYBridge.png

Then after a reinstall of the Australia region, all is good and traffic resumed across the bridge.

YSSY3.png

Cheers

Doug

it appears the 1st image I posted issue is related to something with FT YSSY. switching it off seemed to bring the elevated bridge road back down to the joining road, also the terrain in the centre in the background of that image is gone , but rest of the issues remain .

Doug do you have FT YSSY ?

also I guess I can try and reinstall but am not sure how to  as ftx au doesn't show in my account as the original purchase was a disc

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

I don't think FTX YSSY is available/supported any more <?>. It's not showing on ORBXDirect anyway.

My feeling is that with the latest FTX AU, it isn't needed - so it can be safely uninstalled.

Adam

Was referring to fly tampa  yssy :lol:

22 minutes ago, capt sl said:

Was referring to fly tampa  yssy :lol:

Aaaahh ... the perils of acronyms!!!! I thought you'd just forgotten to put the "X" on the end!!! There proboably never was an FTX YSSY anyway! :lol:

Looks like you're back to the cross-grade and FTX AU reinstall option then!

Adam.

Archived