airports within lc?

akflyguy

I live near Kenai Alaska (paen) i purchased ftx lc na. ftx lc na includes southern alaska. does southern alaska include paen since its saying that lc southern alaska is prerequisite for paen to be installed?or do i really have to pay another 30 dollars for paen, panc, pajn, paho and others?
?  

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

the screenshot here shows that the airports should be upgraded with people n such.??? it doe not say that you have to buy them separately... the advertisement shows that these airports should be upgraded anyway not stock... very dissapointed after buying ftx global and lc na and lc sa i still have to purchase others... i was going to buy hd trees and vectors as well today. (edited to say) i believe that the airports within this area, should all be upgtraded as per the advertisement correct? they should no longer be stock fsx airports? the ftx paen shoudl be included in  na southern alaska correct?

Screenshot (64).png

Hi

The NA Southern Alaska region upgrades those airports from the default version, but they are still not near what the payware versions of PAEN, PANC, PAJN, PAHO are developed to be, so they are a separate and well worth the cost addition.

Cheers

Doug

Hi aflyguy,

NA LC does not include reworked airports.  For that you must purchase the Southern Alaska "region"  (your 1st advertisement above)  which is not included in NA LC.  That's where you will received the 270 reworked airports, the hard surfaced ones include people, I know because I did them.  You should hardly expect all the the 10's of thousands of airports in the NA LC area to be upgraded.  If you want REALLY detailed Alaska airports you must also purchase the individual payware airports, they are well worth the cost but even they require the SAK "region" to be purchased so they will sit correctly in the upgraded mesh and better LC.

Cheers, Neil

3 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi aflyguy,

NA LC does not include reworked airports.  For that you must purchase the Southern Alaska "region"  (your 1st advertisement above)  which is not included in NA LC.  That's where you will received the 270 reworked airports, the hard surfaced ones include people, I know because I did them.  You should hardly expect all the the 10's of thousands of airports in the NA LC area to be upgraded.  If you want REALLY detailed Alaska airports you must also purchase the individual payware airports, they are well worth the cost but even they require the SAK "region" to be purchased so they will sit correctly in the upgraded mesh and better LC.

Cheers, Neil

says right at the top and in the middle of the sentenc that it superceedes and includes alaska and canada

Screenshot (56).png

You omit the fact that it says OpenLC North America includes and supersedes OpenLC Alaska/Canada.  These are Land Class items--the latter and more complete LandClass North America added to and ultimately replaced the earlier LandClass Alaska and Canada.  I think you are reading too much into the product description.  If you want top-of-the-line Alaska scenery then FTX SAK is the product to get, plus the individual payware airports, as Neil has advised above.

Archived