Open LC SA road textures missing

good morning,

I have recently purchased open LC SA. Now, when I fly anywhere within the LC SA coverage area, I can clearly see the road skirts and cars driving on it, but no road textures. also, the default roads are still present but no traffic on it.

I have P3D V3.4, FTX Global, but no Vector. I'm also using 3rd party mesh, but its way down the scenery library and I don't believe that should be a source of the issue.

thank you,

Z

Hi nick,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue. the skirtings are gone, but there's no road textures other than the default roads. however, the AI cars do recognize the new LC roads so they basically seem as if they're rolling thru the fields.

Z

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here. Default installation on vanilla Prepar3d v4.1 It is obviously an ORBX bug and it's clearly not working right. I think that even more textures are missing there, like buildings and trees. When I run FTX central, everythin is fine there, but the Libraries. It is states that its installed and up to date, but I can't uninstall it, all buttons on Library sections are greyed out.

Tried:

Reinstalled SA_lc, deleted orbx Libraries version text file, to reinstall Libraries, it installed - issue is still here. Tried applying FTX entries and openLC entries in FTX3, saving, issue still here.

Products:

1.thumb.JPG.a543747a18222f853403bdbcc326ba51.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.1b9a41fe22bc8e501e863da010579379.JPG

No luck, and I don't even know if it suppose to look like that. It changes from default but very little, not what I expected at all. But the first problem is roads (missing textures)

Close to SVMI

2.thumb.JPG.521fb00461cf9799e0d78ed5ee02bcdc.JPG

On 2/8/2018 at 6:18 AM, Василий Стас said:

Tried:

Reinstalled SA_lc, deleted orbx Libraries version text file, to reinstall Libraries, it installed - issue is still here. Tried applying FTX entries and openLC entries in FTX3, saving, issue still here.

No luck, and I don't even know if it suppose to look like that. It changes from default but very little, not what I expected at all. But the first problem is roads (missing textures)

Hello,

here is what you should expect to see.

Only you know why you own Vector but have not installed it and yet you are complaining that its features are missing?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hello,

to reactivate an old issue,

I had given up with this issue and left it as is for quite a while; however, I recently moved up to V4 and thinking this issue may have gone away.

well, no it has not. I have fresh a p3d v4.5 install and have the same issue (road textures missing)

any fix to this? also the thread posted above doesn't help me since I don't have vector.

thank you

If you are prepared to give us a location from the coords in the top corner of your screen we can start to try to resolve this issue.  Without that basic level of input we don't have much chance of comparing our own scenery with yours.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

just not to open a new thread, i will continue this "old" one.

I do not own or installed Vector, but I do have Global and OpenLC SA.

I have the same issues, I can see the roads but hey're all like brownish.

I do understand that one needs to have Vector to have the roads and rivers, ... to show up at the correct place,

but I would think that at least you would get "normal" standard road textures there where you see roads.

This looks like it's only like main roads, the smaller roads do have a least some (photorealistic?) textures.

Could we have at least the same for the main roads please?

It's not because of the price but Vector would be to heavy for my system (FSX)

Cheers,

Luc

Hi Nick,

yes I've seen that in a previous post and did that just before I switched of my FS system (so I wouldn't forget)

But I didn't test it yet, I will see tomorrow. I just hope the textures will become at least "grayish", better than this brown/green

Cheers,

Luc

PS: I really have to say, great product, really, I'm impressed and it almost make me forget about my tileproxy ;-)

• 1 month later...

Hi @John Dow

Re starting an age old issue.

Post #7 of this thread shows specific locations where the photos were taken.

Do keep in mind that the whole openLC South america (only open LC product I have) region has the same issue, its not limited to just that area. Nick recommended removing the skirting, but thats all that it does, remove the road skirtings. The road texture that are supposed to be within the skirtings do not appear at all. Also, I have the default scenery roads still present.

I apologize to be pain about this, but its been about a year with no resolution what so ever, nor the other threads showing the same issue have a clear solution for this.

Thanks for your time,

zauris.

Hello,

here are some pictures of what to expect.

Note the one default road and that there is no traffic on it

default fsx.jpg

Note that open LC South America does NOT include roads, roads are vector data, NOT landclass data.  Note that there is no road traffic

olc and no vector.jpg

Global Vector has added the correct road layout, note that there is now road traffic, on both roads

vector no olc.jpg

open LC South America road skirtings added to the roads placed by Global Vector

vector and olc.jpg

Archived