PAHO and KFHR elevation issues

RichP

Dear ORBX, two of the airports I recently purchased will not load correctly in FSX Acceleration.  I have 11 others that loaded just fine and look great.  Tried to in-install and re-install using Vector to auto correct but to no avail.  PAHO and KFHR are a total mess graphics wise, and KFHR doesn't even show up in Vector which kinda makes it impossible to fix...

Also, I purchased Pacific Northwest, which I had to uninstall as it immediately caused OOM and crashed to the desktop...

I'm running a high end HP machine with 32M on board memory, 3.7G  I7 processor, Nvidia 640, Windows 10 and FSX Accel.  Everything else I have from ORBX works and looks great except for these items.  How about contacting me about this. Also, why don't you have a direct tech support forum to get to you guys???  You have my order number in my profile.

Rich P

Thanks for the info Doug, appreciate it.  That explains PAHO, but not Friday Harbor.  First thing I checked was mesh and scenary settings...  I'm amazed at how many guys have had issues with this airport, yet not a thing from ORBX addressing this.  I also find it odd that with a software company of this size, there is no direct link to a tech person who works for ORBX...your issues have to go on a public forum... they have pretty much walled themselves off from problems such as this one...

Happy New Year!!!

Rich P

Hi Rich, Happy New Year!!

I have done a search within the forum community and can't find much in regards to the KFHR elevation issue (maybe you would have better luck?), but below is one example which suggests just uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the problem. If the uninstall and reinstall does not work, we will keep working with you to find the culprit.

Because everyone's systems and setups are so very different, and the complexity of the various combinations of hardware and software, one person sitting behind a support desk could never be as effective as the combined knowledge and experience of the vast flight sim community.... if you click on the "Home" button in the top left corner and then use the search box on the right side you will see what I mean, I use it all the time, without it and the access to the massive amount of information and knowledge I would be very walled off from the flight sim world and would not be able to help others either. So this is the beauty of the public forum that all Orbx staff are very connected to and viewing continuously, and you will see many examples of several staff members pitching in to solve an issue.  :)

For Example...The cause of your KFHR elevation issue may be unique to you and not have been duplicated by others, so by sharing the process of trouble shooting in a public forum would be far more beneficial to everyone than just one person learning it, and it will always be available using the search function. We also receive help and assistance from many customers that have experienced and learnt stuff that they share which is invaluable to all of us. 

Cheers

Doug

Hello,

it might also be worth pointing out that the support forums are not public, one has to register and

This excellent method of product support is widely used in the world of flight simulation.

Developers such as Aerosoft, Majestic Software, HiFi simulations and Rex Simulations are just a few examples.

The "support ticket" method of support is usually limited to the working hours of one or two staff members,

whereas this method is available 24 hours a day and 365 days of the year.

Orbx support staff and developers are scattered all over the world and in most time zones.

Here is Friday Harbor correctly installed and free from any outside influence.

2017-12-31_16-45-26-765.jpg

If you also experienced a simulator crash when you installed PNW, it would be worth checking your FTX scenery library entries.

On the settings page of FTX Central, you will find the Insertion Point tool.

Please set it like this:

Untitled.jpg

and do not forget to click on Save.

If Friday Harbor still does not display correctly for you, please attach a screen shot of what you do see.

This will help in assessing what may be wrong.

Friday Harbor is the only airport out of 12 ORBX airports I have problems with.  I love the airport sceneries!!!

Doug, thanks again for the info concerning FSX, been aware of this for a while, it finally bit me...  Going to go to P3DV4 in the near future, will have ORBX as my scenary again, shouldn't have this issue with 64 bit architecture.  Cant upload any further pics.  

Also, Friday Harbor does NOT show in Vector AES... either side.

I would think that if the products caused this on their own, they would have been fixed long ago.

The fact remains that they do work as advertised as evidenced by my screen shot of Friday Harbor.

You are at any point entirely welcome to request a refund but if your request is based on an assertion

that the products are defective it may well not meet with success.

We will continue to seek a solution to your problem with you if you wish.

Rich 

I notice that your sim is installed in C:\Program Files (x86) location which has been known to have an unfriendly file access reputation, and I can’t help but wonder what your and Nick’s thoughts on reinstalling your sim to a non default location with better file permissions access would be?

Also, please attach a copy of your scenery.cfg found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

1 hour ago, caleb1 said:

Is there a ADE_FTX_PNW_KFHR_elevation_adjustment.bgl file in the [FSX install path]\scenery\world\scenery directory?

This being missing was the cause of 2 of my elevation issues.

He has said he found only one, and I've also searched and the file he mentions is the only one I have in the fore-mentioned folder.  I have no elevation problems at KFHR, just to be clear.

Doug,  could not find scenery.cfg found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.  Only .DAT files.  Also Ive never had any problems with FSX being located where it is until now....

Nick, I understand.  I have a bunch of other ORBX products that all work great, just my bad luck I guess...

Archived