San Diego - [KSAN ground blurry]

SamuelFita

Hi,

I am facing a very difficult problem with San Diego Addon. 

I tried different settings and the texture improved just a little bit better. My problem is that after I leave the San Diego and fly to South of it in dirrection to Tijuana the scenery looks very bad..it looks like in cartoon networks! The texture looks teribile.

I think I have a good computer. I have Win 10, 64bit. My computer has an I7 6900K and Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming motherboard. I have 128 GB of Ram at 3466mhz, I have 2 graphic cards in Sli way Gigabyte Aorus Gtx 1080ti waterforce extreme edition 11GB, power supply Corsair modular 1475W and I have 2 Samsung Evo SSD at 2TB each of them and another SSD Samsung Pro at 1 TB. Totally 5TB.

Let me tell you what I have installed by now. I installed Ftx Global and Vector, Europe, North America, South America, Orbx Mash for South America, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Ireland, N. Ireland, Scotland, Southern Alaska, Pacific Northwest, Pacific Fjords, The Rockies (Northern and Central) all Ftx Australian airports and all Ftx North American Airports and airfields, Ftx Germany, many from ftx Global and European airports and airfields, Southern and Northern California. My only problem is just San Diego. I followed the orbx instructions in making the settings for San Diego but the texture looks still bad.

Maybe you can help me, please.

Thank you.

Sam from Romania.

Hi,

Thank you for answer. The only set that I made regarding resolution was to set in my simulator settings the resulotion at 3840X1600 (this is my monitor resolution).

Is there another resolution settings I need to make? I haven't made in fsx cfg any change..

It seems that there is no solution for fixing my problem with San Diego. I spent the my money for it and can't use it..

Orbx says that id there are problems with any of the products to post it only on forum..

I had one more problem before with some huge errors in Southern California and I was not helped as for San Diego now, too.

Spent over a thousand  Euro buying almost al the products and when having a problem...no support!

Thank you.

• Tim Harris changed the title to San Diego - [KSAN ground blurry]

Thank You very much, sir!

I tried your settings but I have had improvements only in San Diego City. Going to South it still looks badly. Just see the two pictures bellow.. I am aslo sending all my settings in my fsx. My computer runs 128 GB of Ram at 3466mhz and 2 grapgic cards gtx 1080ti waterforce extreme edition 11GB and and I7 6900K and 3 Samsung SSD Evo and Pro at 5TB..

This is the only addon that makes me problems, San Diego..

Just see the pictures bellow...

Thank You.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

San Diego looks fantastic! It is very nice for me. I am very happy with it.

But the sarrounding, the metropolitan area looks terrible. When flying to South, to Tijuana, it looks as I have just shown before. I have installed all mega scenery earth USA except just 3 or 4 states, and I have installed into my fsx 4.5Tb of addons and everything goes well except what metropolitan area of San Diego..

But the city looks very well and beautiful. I have wished the same for all the way to the border..

Hi, the photoreal of the city is better quality than sourrounding, you have to understand the photoreal of the sourrounding covers an huge area about ( 60km x 40km) and the quality has been reduced to about 0,7cm-1mt/px for the sourrounding photoreal. . So you can not expect to see every single details on the sourrounding photoreal . Anyway in fsx the photoreal quality could be lower than p3d ( with the same setting ) i see you have already maxed out all in fsx, so this is the best quality you can get.

Hi,

I understand. 

I bought last week a license from Prepar3d. The license called Academic version 4.1. It runs much better than my fsx. But finally I decided to return the license back because so many of my addons were not compatible..

I spent about 6000 Euro buying all almost all addons from anywhere so I must  go on with fsx...the old fsx.

As far as Ftx, you guys, you are number One, I tell you! Nobody works as you do.

Nice work! Therefore I got almost everything from Ftx..

Ciao.

Sam from Romania

1 hour ago, SamuelFita said:

Hi,

I understand. 

I bought last week a license from Prepar3d. The license called Academic version 4.1. It runs much better than my fsx. But finally I decided to return the license back because so many of my addons were not compatible..

I spent about 6000 Euro buying all almost all addons from anywhere so I must  go on with fsx...the old fsx.

As far as Ftx, you guys, you are number One, I tell you! Nobody works as you do.

Nice work! Therefore I got almost everything from Ftx..

Ciao.

Sam from Romania

Thanks, sam.

Will be an update for ksan soon, see in the preview :)

Cheers, Matteo

Great! Thank you for information.

Can't wait for it...

Just one question I have..

Have you thought of making Los Angeles city and metropolitan area? Or maybe San Francisco..

I have the US Cities from Aerosoft but I am not very happy with it..

Sam

4 minutes ago, SamuelFita said:

Great! Thank you for information.

Can't wait for it...

Just one question I have..

Have you thought of making Los Angeles city and metropolitan area? Or maybe San Francisco..

I have the US Cities from Aerosoft but I am not very happy with it..

Sam

yes, would be amazing, maybe in the future :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 11:10 AM, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, 

for texture are you referring to the photoreal right?

You have to try to set higher photoreal resolution in the option. You can expect a super sharp photoreal resolution, because the photoreal used for sourrounding is very big and is about 0.70cm/px.

Hi, I own this scenery for P3Dv4.1 and am encountering the same issues as the user who created this thread. I was wondering what settings do you recommend for the best visuals and minimal blurriness. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Rey

10 hours ago, Electrixz said:

Hi, I own this scenery for P3Dv4.1 and am encountering the same issues as the user who created this thread. I was wondering what settings do you recommend for the best visuals and minimal blurriness. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Rey

Hi,

you have to set inside P3D option, the best resolution of ground textures under the voice "  Texture resolution ", put the slider to the max.

Anyway, the sourrounding photoreal max resolution is about 1mt/px so you can't expect to see the same resolution of the photoreal near the airport.

Regards, Matteo

Hello Matteo,

Happy New Year !

I gave up to FSX...and I have P3D V4.1 now.

Can you tell me how to set everything  in this platform? 

Best Regards,

Sam

Ps. It's such a huge difference between FSX and Prepar3d v4....!

4 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

you have to set inside P3D option, the best resolution of ground textures under the voice "  Texture resolution ", put the slider to the max.

Anyway, the sourrounding photoreal max resolution is about 1mt/px so you can't expect to see the same resolution of the photoreal near the airport.

Regards, Matteo

Thanks Matteo!

- Rey

4 hours ago, SamuelFita said:

Hello Matteo,

Happy New Year !

I gave up to FSX...and I have P3D V4.1 now.

Can you tell me how to set everything  in this platform? 

Best Regards,

Sam

Ps. It's such a huge difference between FSX and Prepar3d v4....!

I think there is a manual pdf that has recommended settings for orbx products?

- Rey

Archived