Helimed II

JMBIII

On the pad awaiting a call.

Ah6BZCk.jpg

Overhead NZWR headed to McLeod Bay helipad. A tramper has been injured on the Mt. Manaia Whangarei Heads Track.

wmS7Sou.jpg

Approaching the helipad from the northwest. Careful of the wires.

30u5oLg.jpg

The paramedics have gone a short way up the track to retrieve the patient. (Going to have the roadway department come out and cut the brush back ! )

1sxBfDX.jpg

A short 7 minute flight and we're atop the Whangarei Hospital helipad.

HuswdYG.jpg

Waiting for the paramedics to return from the ER.

UzvFaQs.jpg

lifting for a short hop over the ridge to home.

b1DLqUi.jpg

NEST base ahead.

AJfeftX.jpg

Mission complete. 1 hour, 16 minutes -  21 minutes flight time, 55 minutes on the ground.

2PIS2Hv.jpg

Thanks for the comments, gents.  Fictitious scenario flight but it has more than likely occurred. Look at some pictures of Whangarei Head and the track (trail) up it and you'll see why there's a dedicated helipad at the foot!

Thanks, Jack. However my  skill in flying that helo is just about zero. It is the hardest one to get a handle on. I can do much, much better with the MilViz MD 530 or the stock H-60. By the way that's a NB FS9 ported over Sikoksky S-76.

48 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

Thanks for the comments, gents.  Fictitious scenario flight but it has more than likely occurred. Look at some pictures of Whangarei Head and the track (trail) up it and you'll see why there's a dedicated helipad at the foot!

Thanks, Jack. However my  skill in flying that helo is just about zero. It is the hardest one to get a handle on. I can do much, much better with the MilViz MD 530 or the stock H-60. By the way that's a NB FS9 ported over Sikoksky S-76.

Dang too early yet again, how could I not see the tail section?  I can fly the AS365 like it's a Cessna, easy peasy.  It's a lot of fun.  But I now stand corrected, thanks!

Archived