'Black Squares' in Orbx Scenery with New Aircraft

MZee1960

Hi guys !

I am aware of these black squares pertaining to most likely the Orbx night lighting,  and  'no' ,  I am not running my FSX in DX10 preview mode (box is unchecked). 

I just downloaded Manfred's new freeware B-50 aircraft and whenever I fly it, within a few minutes into the flight,  I see these 'black boxes'  begin to appear on the ground below in both VC and exterior aircraft views.  If I switch to any one of my other aircraft and load it into the sim,  all is back to normal regardless of how long the flight is etc. - no problems whatsoever.

Over at the SOH forums I have a post re this as well, and so far got no answers.

I did some experimenting and found out there is one gauge in the  'B-50 panel folder'  , in the config file called  ' gauge51=B50!Sim_B50, 0,1,1,1 '.

Whenever I disable this  'gauge'  in the config file  (either by totally removing the text, or just // it out),  the scenery is back to normal and the ' black boxes ',  are gone.

Unfortunately,  with this  'gauge'  disabled,  I have lost many of the aircraft controls through it's associated popup panels etc.

I just thought I'd post here as well,  in the hopes someone would perhaps know of what may lie at the root of this issue as I can only link it to one aircraft and in DX9.

Here are some pics of what things look like in sim in the Palm Springs region near KBNG : (Note,  'no'  black squares when flying same route with another aircraft - eg. Duke here.)

Dwm2017-12-0121-28-14-98.jpg

Dwm2017-12-0121-28-18-23.jpg

Dwm2017-12-0121-28-21-61.jpg

Switch aircraft and all is fine once again :

Dwm2017-12-0121-28-24-89.jpg

Or,  .. go back to the B-50 with the  ' gauge51=B50!Sim_B,0,1,1,1 '  removed from the panel config,  and all is fine once again (unfortunately AC is without much if it's functionality as a result) :

Dwm2017-12-0218-04-47-38.jpg

Any thoughts,  input is much appreciated.  Thank-you, in advance.

MZ...

I think a hint here is that in one of the black boxes axis there is a double black square, not the single black square that is associated with the DX10 problem.

Have you got a third party light enhancement product (ie shockwave)? Is the B50 A2A (known to use shockwave) or has the airplane replaced a default lighting effect with its own?

Hello,

I am unable to replicate this.

I would agree that the shapes do look like FTX lighting not displaying correctly,

all the more so because they are doubled up, as occurs when both the region and OLC lighting

are active together.

Here is the aircraft, with the B50!Sim_B gauge entry comments removed, but I do not see the anomaly.

FSX Acceleration in Direct X 9 mode. FTX scenery only installed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi guys !

I re-downloaded the entire AC and re-installed it from scratch and all seems fine for now - flew for 30+ min in same region without issues.

Maybe the first download had a corrupt file ?

Also, this time around,  I did not install the  'beech autosmoke gauge'  from here: 

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15397/fsx-beechcraft-18ds-auto-smoke-gauge/ .

I never even remotely suspected this  'gauge'  would cause any issues, hence I never mentioned it in my first post above.  Especially when I'm also using it with the A-20 Havoc and A-26 Invader,  but perhaps the B-50 is different ?

So either a corrupt file or this  'gauge'  may have caused this issue ?  I just don't understand why the  'gauge'  would be involved in a scenery issue ?.

Main thing is all is good right now.  I will keep you posted should any issues arise in the next couple of days.

Thank-you, for all your input.

Cheers,

Milan .. 

Hello again,

I stand corrected.

I just flew in the same region with the same  'clean re-installed B-50 aircraft' - no other addons to this aircraft,   and the same problem is back.

Dwm2017-12-0416-30-00-96.jpg

These black squares have most likely some relation to the Orbx lights not displaying properly,  but still scratching my head why it is only this aircraft that's causing this issue.  I'm running DX9 in FSX.

1 minute ago, John Dow said:

I'm thinking a approach to the freeware developer might offer more chance of finding out what is causing this issue?

I have a query regarding this at SimOuthouse also. The developer, Manfred Jahn and co., are looking into whether or not there is a compatability issue with this aircraft and FSX as they have put it out to be both P3D and FSX compatible - but perhaps more compatible with P3D especially now that it's 64bit.

Archived