Ground Textures seem off

tman41291

I feel as if the splotches of heavy green areas are not suppose to be there? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I have all ORBX products installed, to include AUS region (picture is over YMML area)

ORBX Airports

Rex TD

Rex SC

ENVSHADE

TOPOSIM

VEgMEpN.jpg

This image is YBBN, the runway textures seem a bit wonky to me, and when the aircraft is moving it is as if i have resistance, just like if i were to drive through the grass with the plane.

qAcH8kr.jpg

3 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello tman,

Welcome to the forums,

Have you installed the Libraries, is your scenery library set correctly, have you ticked FTX Australia installed in Vector - Control Panel - Settings ?

YBBN is known to be a bit heavy on fps.

Why thank you! glad to be here :)

I have installed the libraries, and ticked the box. Attached is a snapshot of my scenery library. I was getting about 30 FPS, and the camera pan was smooth, i didnt feel as if it was an FPS issue more so something wrong with how to scenery is configured or something conflicting with ORBX scenery causing the friction. My First thought was maybe the FTX AUS region conflicting with YBBN for scenery? I may be wrong though haha.

6DwHAdM.png

yDjUCZx.png

izJpsl0.png

16 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

First off, I would note that FTXAA_YBBN and FTXAA_YMML are located in the wrong place.  They should be located directly below FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, where the installers should have placed them in the first place, not below the FTX SAK entries.

I will move them now, thank you kindly. 

Any ideas how im getting the splotches of green like in the first picture?

20 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

are we talking about the dark green areas? Those are forests or tree plantations. Check in Google Earth because their shape and location should be fairly close to what you'll see, within the possibilities of the landclass system.

Cheers, Holger

As long as you say it's normal ill trust your word. Thanks for the help fellas!

20 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

are we talking about the dark green areas? Those are forests or tree plantations. Check in Google Earth because their shape and location should be fairly close to what you'll see, within the possibilities of the landclass system.

Cheers, Holger

As long as you say it's normal ill trust your word. Thanks for the help fellas!

Archived