24h download huh?

Terblanche

What's going on?? I've been trying the last 24 hours to download VECTOR and it keeps bombing out with some problem and then you start all over again. For a massive download like VECTOR it is beyond frustrating to restart download when you were at 90% ..........

I know it's SALE-TIME and a lot of people are probably downloading stuff but really ORBX - give us a link to manually download it if your servers can't handle the FTX Central route.

:angry:

I've been trying the last 24 hours to download VECTOR ... it get's to a point and then the endless tautology of FTX Central that the download was "interrupted" ... except FTX could have only interrupted itself because nothing else is downloading. It is so frustrating when you see the bar almost complete and then FTX Central has a tantrum and we start all over again.

I know it's SALE TIME and the servers must be running hot but give us a link for a manual download, please ORBX because this is ridiculous. 

24 hours and counting for a single download.

2 hours ago, Terblanche said:

give us a link to manually download it if your servers can't handle the FTX

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods.  Browser extension download managers do not work for this. Below is a good free DL manager

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

On 25/11/2017 at 4:47 PM, JJJackson said:

Also no need for double postings.

I know, and I'm sorry about that but I don't seem to find the DELETE button to delete a post when you realise it's on the wrong sub-forum ... 

and I managed to find that MANUAL DOWNLOAD link and downloaded VECTOR in a whopping 30 minutes after struggling for more than a day via FTX Central.

I can't understand how some people have problems with Central. It's slicker than a very slick thing. ;) Have a look in Settings\General and tick 'Use multiple threads for downloads[BETA]'

Why it's still BETA I've no idea. I can't see how it could be better! All my downloads go lickety split, installed and ready for action. 

25 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

All my downloads go lickety split, installed and ready for action

Same with me but somehow VECTOR had a hiccup ... and more than a day later, and after restarted download 1273 times :) I gave up and the forum was a cry for help. But now that I know about the DOWNLOAD MANUALLY link, it will all go even more quickly and now I have all original files neatly on a removal harddrive.

Archived