SODE PCL addon for 2018 plz

Kilstorm

Seeing that it is possible to have Pilot Controlled Lighting (PCL) in P3D using SODE and so many Orbx fields are airstrips that in real life use or have PCL, I would gladly pay to add this feature to all my Orbx fields that have PCL in RL. Something in the range between 5-10AUD to allow FTXC to add this to all the airports in ones current collection would seem like a win win and going forward to have future fields that have PCL modeled.

I've been looking at doing this using the material scripting features that Prepar3D v4 has. It would certainly be a nice feature for airports that have PAL/PCL in reality (NZWR being one of them).

Alternatively, if the material scripting doesn't work out, ObjectFlow 2 could be extended to add these features.

There's an old article on the FSDeveloper wiki that explains how to add PAL using ASM, however that is not supported anymore.

Thank you for the reply Ben. I have a feeling Orbx as a company is ready to start moving full force forward after what 3 years of playing catch up to P3D with its various sims and changes needed to get the full catalog into them having curve balls thrown with each new version. So it would be fully understandable for a general consistences to be enough with whats out there lets start working on the new.

So while Orbx has been more than generous with all these free updates, I could see the PCL item being an addon of itself to help provide a small revenue stream for the efforts and in return, the addons get one extra new realism feature.

Having seen it in work on a field in the New England area already (the developer used SODE but works like a charm and they stay on for 15 minutes after 3 mic clicks), must say it is a great feature.  With most of the small fields in NA also falling in the Pilot Edge coverage area as well as many GA planes like A2A etc offering the GTN series which includes the PCL Freq in the airport page and easy to find, feel like it was at least worth asking. the immersion level in that type of sim would just be increased that much more.  

• 1 year later...

I must add to the above ..... after seeing the recent & successful SODE jetways added.

It would seem a "logical" extra now to add airfield lighting (runways/taxiways/approach) in either with the "conditional visibility" trigger  at class B airports or PCL at GA strips as above (for nights & for daytime fog).

Again, thanks for the jetway update.

When I did my PPL, no, when I did my solo it was dawn and the controller said to go to a frequency and press 3 time, I said why? You want me to leave the tower frequency? Yes, come back after, I think we where only 2 doing circuit, he said wait until you turn on final...

None mine but Ir felt like this 

6328612189_6b72736961_b.thumb.jpg.45c418e1703af06ce51d63baccce8dc6.jpg

Archived