NZQN with P3DV4... where are the color gone?

Benny

Hello guys, I was looking at my own video (FSX) on the NZQN product page and something is missing over there in V4

To be honest I didn't use the sim much lately and even less of V4...

I mean, it look dull, the luscious NZ color are like faded or something, I can't tell exactly but something is missing... 

On top, the runway is blurry???  Building are fine but it look like the landscape is... I don't know what. I have tried different season.

Is it a V4 thing????

This is another vid I did on NZQN some years ago (and the runway definition is fine), the color are so nice, a lot of green.... yes that is it, the green is kind of gone???

Ben

Hey Benny , I just installed NZQN and started out with Summer as the season . Not as green as I had remembered , but then I changed the season to Spring and it was very lush and green . So maybe play around with season's and see what you get . My runway looked just fine and I had no blurries at all .

Cheers

John

15 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Also try bumping the saturation up a little, V4 default is pretty low (its in the HDR settings)

Hi Tim, what do you mean by Saturation? Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks Brad I will try Spring.

Yeah that's not right Benny.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Here is my runway, what do you guys think..... it's always like that, even when on it

https://imgur.com/yeOY27Y

Yeah something's not right there Benny.  It's almost like you're seeing a lower resolution portion of the MIP map for that texture .  Wonder if something's gotten corrupted.  I'd check that your Antisotropic Filtering setting is set to 16x.  If so, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling NTQN via FTX Central.

Thanks guys, no I'm not running anything else, of what I know (no PTA for sure).

I will check that if it's set at 16X but I'm pretty sure it is.

I will download manually from my shop and try uninstalling-reinstall... 

I will also check with NZMF if it's right.

I'm pretty new to V4 or even the all P3D thing. The mountain definition (mesh I guess) is really ugly from far away

I appreciate the help because so far my V4 experience is not very... fun.

Ben

5 hours ago, Benny said:

Hi Tim, what do you mean by Saturation? Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks Brad I will try Spring.

Hey Benny - Under the Graphic options in P3D , in the HDR lighting section you can play around with the Saturation setting .

John

Archived