Mackenzie Valley- Canadian North

Mithras

Hi, I've been enjoying the freeware airports with my NA LC and Vector, flying the Buffalo Airways routes. I spotted these elevation problems on the way ...

2017-11-16_22-35-54-588_zpsxisyglro.png

and to me they look like a conflict. The only other Canadian scenery I ever had (AFAIK) was UTX Canada, which I unistalled last year. I know there were still a few UTX files laying around my FSX/Scenery Folder and I deleted those. Could there be more? Is this a vector thing? Or maybe some UTX file thing I wonder?  I'm not sure if those peaks represent lakes at odd elevations ... Thanks! 

Doug, thanks - I uninstalled all my UTX prior to installing Vector, just wasn't sure of the culprit. After doing some checking, if I uncheck ORBX!VECTOR_CVX then the issue goes away. I'm not sure what this means though. I was under the impression (obviously wrongly) that  Vector included some kind of mesh, in order to affect all those airport elevations. But, I see, it simply sets the altitude of those airports correctly.

Why is Vector creating raised lakes in the middle of the wilderness I wonder? What does that CVX entry do?

I guess I do need a mesh, but I will have to think about that. 

BTW: the co-ordinates are N65 30.09, W127 12.15

1 hour ago, Mithras said:

Why is Vector creating raised lakes in the middle of the wilderness I wonder?

It isn't Vector that is doing this, as Holger has pointed out.  And CVX is a set of exclusion files, I believe.  Deactivating it is not a good idea, since it may result in other problems/anomalies.

Hi there,

the reason for the fixed lake elevations is explained in the thread I referenced, specifically https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102356-geographical-representation/?do=findComment&comment=924654

The FTX_VECTOR_CVX folder contains pretty much all of Vector's data layers (roads, shorelines, lakes, etc.) except for the airports. As mentioned, lakes do have fixed elevations, which is why a global terrain mesh files is required that uses the same or similar source data as the one PILOTS used, their FS Global 2010 product. From what I've heard the FreeMeshX package is an example of an add-on made from same or similar source data.

Cheers, Holger

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

the reason for the fixed lake elevations is explained in the thread I referenced, specifically https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102356-geographical-representation/?do=findComment&comment=924654

The FTX_VECTOR_CVX folder contains pretty much all of Vector's data layers (roads, shorelines, lakes, etc.) except for the airports. As mentioned, lakes do have fixed elevations, which is why a global terrain mesh files is required that uses the same or similar source data as the one PILOTS used, their FS Global 2010 product. From what I've heard the FreeMeshX package is an example of an add-on made from same or similar source data.

Cheers, Holger

I stand corrected, as usual!  The EXX files are the exclusion files.

On 17 November 2017 at 12:49 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Paul

UTX and Vector are not compatible with each other. Also, providing coordinates with your screenshots would be very helpful.  :)

Cheers

Doug

Thanks for the advice everyone, Freemesh installed OK and certainly got rid of the lake elevations. I hope it doesn't cause me headaches later down the line. Very cool! 

Archived