Canyon north of KORD and floating buildings

rlkjmt73

Hi everyone,

I just flew into KORD onto Rwy 14L and noticed a canyon which extends a couple of miles north of the airport.  Also, I noticed floating buildings in the same area.  I've flown in and out of KORD a few times and never noticed this before.  However, I might've landed/taken off on runways which I wouldn't notice the issue.

I have the following installed:

FTX Global, OpenLC NA, FTX Global Vector, FTX Global Trees HD, along with a couple of regions (which should have nothing to do with that area) and Object Flow 2 Beta

Running P3Dv4.1.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2017-10-20_18-0-10-670.thumb.jpg.9d98f2629c10274b60e90f3c7f1edc52.jpg2017-10-20_18-0-1-812.thumb.jpg.a34ed5093687e029126ad9b0bf36dbbb.jpg

Rod

Hi Rod,

Ok so default mesh set to 5m resolution shouldn't present a problem.  I don't have Vector or OLC NA to crosscheck the location, so I had a look with Google Earth as to what features Vector and OLC NA might place directly in the location from the end of 14L KORD to the left. It seems that there is a (rail line). see pic (rail line marked in black).

Perhaps you could temporarily disable rail in Vector CP for a test. That might give Orbx devs / staff more clues as to what is causing the trench. The floating buildings might be a result of the trench.

9cf259d759265484d53f83588ccc49f9.jpg

Hi Rod,

I too have FTX Global, OpenLC NA, FTX Global Vector, FTX Global Trees HD. But I am still on P3Dv4.

Mine looks fine (see shot below). I guess you might need someone with 4.1 to show their shot.

UK90uzw.jpg

Thanks a million everyone,

Yeah, I'll investigate more and see what's going on.  I appreciate you all looking into this as I've never had this anomaly before.

Jeff,  great idea.  May be the culprit.   I'll experiment with the configurations within Vector and see what happens.

I'll report back any findings.

Thanks again.

Rod

All right everyone,

I just checked everything out at KORD.  I no longer have the issue(s).  I went into Vector Config, unchecked Railways.  Re-started P3D, no issues...looks good.  Exited P3D, went to Vector Config, "checked" Railways, re-started P3d, and again no issues.  By the way, I pressed the "Apply" button every time.

I guess I had some gremlins the other night.  Maybe they were just upset because of the long flight into Chicago, bad food, service, or something, I don't know...ha.

Anyways, thanks for the assistance.

Be Safe all,

Rod

Archived