Norway Peopleflow

fuzz1

I'm really enjoying this recently purchased beautiful region and have visited many of the enhanced airports.   I've noticed that these airports do not have near the amount of animated people as many

of my other regions and their enhanced airports.   Whereas in most other regions the enhanced airports show animated people in groups, talking, walking around, sitting at tables, etc.,

typically in a similarly sized Norway airport I see one or two people,  someone sweeping or a lone baggage handler, but most of the other peopleflow objects I recognize from other regions and expect to

see do not show.  I have also encountered many Norway enhanced airports that show only one or two static humans and none that are animated.

Is this by design?  Perhaps to enhance sim performance in this particular region?  I can certainly accept this tradeoff if intentional; I simply want to rule out that something may have gone amiss in my Norway installation as it pertains to objectflow, peopleflow, etc.  

My bad Doug, should have identified that this is for boxed FSX-A.  Did a few more comparison flights tonight and there appears to be approx. 70% less people flow objects in Norway than in similar sized enhanced airports for my other regions.  

Would appreciate hearing from a fellow fsx simmer if their Norway enhanced airports also show substantially less peopleflow in comparison to other regions.  If not,

I'll commence further troubleshooting.  If so, perhaps this is by design and I can put this one in the 'fuggeddaboudit' bin.  Thanks in advance.

I don't know if I would call it 70% less, maybe 40% ( you do have the peopleflow selected in the control panels? ), but what I did find are my observations as follows;

ENHF - 2 people in the Bristow Hangar and many in the upper level inside the terminal building.

ENJA - Lots, at least a dozen people, actually more than I would have expected at that location.

ENNK - None.

ENNO - 10 people at various positions.

ENSD -  7 people at various positions.

ENSG - 2 people at various positions.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Doug, your effort and quantifiable response is most appreciated.   I see no option in my Norway control panel for animated people.

My results differ from yours as follows:

ENHF - I see no Bristow Hangar nor upper level inside the terminal building.  Perhaps you're thinking of the payware airport?  I'm only concerned with the default

airports included in this region that are enhanced.

ENJA - Same as yours but I'm not sure this is part of the Norway region?  I believe this was a separate freeware product.

ENNK - I see 2 animated people.  The fact you see none here is most curious.

ENNO - I only see 6 animated people here as opposed to your 10

ENSD - I only see 3 animated people and not 7.

ENSG - Same as yours.

Something does seem to be off.  The most glaring difference is at ENSD.  I only see 2 animated people in front of the terminal building and another in a parking area beside a truck.

Could I perhaps impose on you to provide a screenshot of your ENSD so I can identify any missing people and possibly other objects?   

Considering my probable 'missing persons' issue, I have no idea why I would show 2 at ENNK whereas you see none.

Again, I'm less concerned with how many animated people exist than if it's a symptom of a deeper issue with my installation. 

Hello,

Please do not read so much into this subject.

Objectflow is designed so that objects can come and go depending on the times of day or the season

and this probably is why you and Doug see different things.

For an exact comparison, you would need to set the same  time and  date on each PC and then start

counting people again.

Where the people are controlled by objectflow, it either works or it does not, there is no middle way where

it only works partially.

5 hours ago, fuzz1 said:

Thanks Doug, your effort and quantifiable response is most appreciated.   I see no option in my Norway control panel for animated people.

Also my bad, all of my results were with the payware airports. But as Nick suggests, I would not be at all concerned.

Hi guys,

first off, the FTX Regions generally don't use Objectflow coding because we have to enhance large numbers of airports (all existent within the given Region) and the additional work required would be substantial. That being said, Objectflow is about conditional placement of objects (seasons, time-of-day, etc.) and not whether an object itself has movement built into it or is static.

I don't remember the specifics but I believe we decided to go light on placement of people in FTX Norway because (a) the airports in Norway, specifically the smaller ones, are not nearly as active as those in other countries (not to mention North America with its quarter-million-plus GA planes); and (b) due to the long winter season and us not using Objectflow one would end up seeing people outside at odd times.

In short, if you're seeing people in some places in FTX Norway it means that your installation is correct. The amount (or lack thereof) is by design.

Cheers, Holger

Archived