Orbx causes g2d.dll / P3Dv4

pakuptz

Dear Orbx Team,

first I like to thank you for the effort you put into fs community. That´s awesome!

Since I upgraded for a whole new System and did a fresh windows installation I am experiencing heavy trouble while using your products.

I installed P3Dv4 to my clean machine and got no issues. Than I installed FTX Global Base and got a g2d.dll on loading the scenario.

After that i run the p3d installer to "repair" installation. -> Worked

Now i installed FTX OLC Europe and tried to load a scenario. Again got the g2d.dll

Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you very much

Pascal

I'll try to be brief. When I have the latest P3D v4 loaded with no addons, I have no issues. When I install Orbx Global Base or Vector via FTX Central 3, I get a g2d.dll error and P3d crashes. This happens when the scenario is loading the terrain. It doesn't happen all of the time. What happens is I'll choose a default aircraft, choose a random airport and it will either crash while the scenario is loading the terrain or it will load successfully. If the airport I choose crashes, it will always crash. If the airport I choose doesn't crash, it will always not crash.

I have tried manually downloaded the Orbx files and then point FTX Central 3 to install the downloaded files. I have deleted and reinstalled FTX Central. I have completely deleted and installed my nvidia drivers. I have cleaned my registry. I have ran Windows system file check. I have ran chkdsk /f /r on my drives. Antivirus is off while I run FTX Central. Please don't point me to the "CTD guide", I have done that. This problem has been going for a month.

21 hours ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Pascal  

What are your system specs ?  Operating system, Graphics card type etc etc........

Apart from Orbx scenery what other Add On's do you have currently Installed ? 

None just basi sim that worked great!

Added just

- OBRX Libraries

- Global Base

- Open LC Europe

System:
i7 7700k

ASUS STRIX 1080 8GB OC

SSD 128 GB SAMSUNG 850 for System

SSD 512 GB SAMSUNG 850 for Sim

G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 RAM @3600Mhz

ASUS STRIX z270F Mainboard

Corsair Power Supply

Best,

Pascal

On 10/09/2017 at 2:33 PM, pakuptz said:

Since I upgraded for a whole new System and did a fresh windows installation

Hello Pascal  

Is your Windows Operating system up to date ?  

Run the Windows Updates and ensure you Install all Important available updates, Restart your computer.  Then Launch Prepar3D and test 

2 hours ago, pakuptz said:

SSD 128 GB SAMSUNG 850 for System

How much free hard drive space do you have on this drive for your Operating system ?  

Going forward you will need at least 15 \ 20 gig of free hard drive space on your Operating system for the Prepar3D repair Installers and other bits and bobs that will Install to this drive unbeknownst to you,  This might not be your Issue now but it may become a factor in the near future 

On 11/09/2017 at 1:21 PM, pakuptz said:

I have completely deleted and installed my nvidia drivers

I understand you have reinstalled your graphics driver but maybe do a Clean Install of your driver using a driver removal tool and then reinstall your driver again.

Use a tool like the DDU Driver Display Uninstaller     Restart your computer.  Then Launch Prepar3D and test. 

Note: Insure you Install the latest WHQL driver and not a Beta version.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If Updating your windows Operating System and Graphics card driver did not resolve your Issues we will try the additional steps below 

We will refresh the Prepar3D generated folders and then apply your Orbx Scenery back again,  Maybe this will help your situation.

You have only a small amount of Add On's currently Installed so the following process should only take a couple of moments 

Follow the steps in this order..........

1)  Navigate to your Prepar3D Install location Double left click on the File Delete Generated Files,  by doing this you will remove the generated files. 

2)  Launch Prepar3D to the Prepar3D Scenario screen  (First Screen)  Then Shut it down,  This action will generated the files again as default.  

3)  Launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 10 \ 15 seconds until you notice a message at the bottom Left of the screen  "Activating Orbx Scenery"  Then close FTX Central

Now Launch Prepar3D and test..............

--------------------------------------------

Note:  It is Important that your windows operating system is up to date and you have a clean Install of a WHQL Graphics driver 

18 hours ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Is your Windows Operating system up to date ?

Yes it´s the recent version

How much free hard drive space do you have on this drive for your Operating system ?  

Going forward you will need at least 15 \ 20 gig of free hard drive space on your Operating system for the Prepar3D repair Installers and other bits and bobs that will Install to this drive unbeknownst to you,  This might not be your Issue now but it may become a factor in the near future 

No worries its 80 GB Free space and wont be less in future.

I understand you have reinstalled your graphics driver but maybe do a Clean Install of your driver using a driver removal tool and then reinstall your driver again.

Use a tool like the DDU Driver Display Uninstaller     Restart your computer.  Then Launch Prepar3D and test. 

Note: Insure you Install the latest WHQL driver and not a Beta version.

Yes i did this! I have version : 385,41

If Updating your windows Operating System and Graphics card driver did not resolve your Issues we will try the additional steps below 

We will refresh the Prepar3D generated folders and then apply your Orbx Scenery back again,  Maybe this will help your situation.

You have only a small amount of Add On's currently Installed so the following process should only take a couple of moments 

Follow the steps in this order..........

1)  Navigate to your Prepar3D Install location Double left click on the File Delete Generated Files,  by doing this you will remove the generated files. 

2)  Launch Prepar3D to the Prepar3D Scenario screen  (First Screen)  Then Shut it down,  This action will generated the files again as default.  

3)  Launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 10 \ 15 seconds until you notice a message at the bottom Left of the screen  "Activating Orbx Scenery"  Then close FTX Central

Now Launch Prepar3D and test..............

Sorry, but this didn´t work

This is the error i get:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.0.28.21686, Zeitstempel: 0x594a7255
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: g2d.dll, Version: 4.0.28.21686, Zeitstempel: 0x594a7313
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000010c3b3
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1f68
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d32cac3cb327c7
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\Prepar3D v4\g2d.dll
Berichtskennung: 81b20895-d4d8-4b56-a6e0-f471d99a2376
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

--------------------------

Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0000005, Ausnahmeadresse 00007FFA4DBEC3B3

I currently have quite a bit of of ORBX NA (because of the recent sale) (thank you ORBX!!!!) and have noticed with advent of 64-bit, more of a strain is placed on your processor and graphics card. I, for one, was recently experiencing this issue while flying with ORBX scenery, PMDG, AND FlyTampa/FlightBeam Scenery. After much meddling, I came to the solution to reduce my OC (i7-3770k)from 4.5 GHz to 4.0 and voila! No more G2D.DLL errors!!!! I will also state, my sim runs a lot smoother (occasional stutters) than it did before. It really makes me wonder how taxing P3D V4 can be considering everything was fine in V3.

Hope this helps!

Z

5 hours ago, Hawks1326 said:

Hi all! 

I've experienced exactly what you've experienced and nailed it down to it being my overclock. What is your processor overclocked to? 

Regards,

Z

Hi Z,

thanks very much I found like two guys experiencing the same but none of them had an solutions.

I din´t change the base-clock of my processor.

Best,

Pascal

Sorry,  was AFK for awhile. I can try to help.

Go into the folder that contains Prepar3d.cfg and rename this file Prepar3d.cfg.bak.

(If you don't know how to locate this file, Google search Prepar3d.cfg location for p3d v4.)

Once you've done this, launch P3D and select a generic aircraft at the airport you've reported issues with. If it loads up and everything appears stable for an extended period of time, you may have an issue with your settings inside of P3D (something may be set too high). If not, let us know.

Regards, 

Z

Archived