Multiple Texture problems P3Dv4

GCBraun

Hello, I have the following orbx products installed: FTX Global, openLC EU, NA, SA, FTX Germany North, PNW, soCAL, norCAL and AU.

Since last week, I started to notice squares of water in the countryside and also squares of land in the Ocean. After reading some support topics, I have replaced my terrain.cfg with the back up created by orbx and then re-run FTX Central and let it do its thing.

Now, not only the wrong squares still appear, but I am also experiencing something like the attached pictures, where the tiles around the horizon would just pop-in and out quickly. It looks really awful.

What else should I do? Is there any incompatibility of orbx with PTA, ENVTEX or ASCA in v4?

Never had such issues in P3Dv3.

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

Hello, actually I had uninstalled Vector, considering that it causes so many issues. I am currently reinstalling everything and starting from scratch...hope this will fixed. Thanks

EDIT: Nope...deleted all txt files and terrain.cfg as suggested on the Forum and also re-downloaded all my orbx addons. Still experiencing this bug!! It always start after 10 or 20 minutes of flight. :(

Man I've been fighting with this issue for weeks. I still can't get it figured out. I'm getting the same thing as you. 15-20 minutes in flight these weird textures show up and it's annoying.... I tried everything they suggested. So I don't get it you said you run migration. Is that after every scenery is installed or after the very last one is installed? Please confirm for sure that the glitches are gone!

Hi,

You can also go to your Sim\Orbx\TroubleShooter folder and run the MigrationTroubleShooter and it will report if all the regions are correct, except for OpenLC NA as it is newer and does not require migration.

Also review and apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

This might not necessarily be related to your issue, but I've found that if any addons installed outside the P3D4 main folders have a "scenery\world\textures" folder, it is best to copy those textures into the main sim folder instead of activating them via the add-ons.xml, otherwise if can create a visual texture conflict similar to that which you have described.

Yes, the issues are gone for me. As I said, I just clicked on the Force Migration option inside settings after installing FTX-AU and that solved it! Since then, I installed other ORBX Scenarions but the problem did not come back (I also did not need to run Force Migration again). Hopefully you will also figure it out what is going on.

Archived