san diego dark texture around airport with sca

kdfw

i see this on both fsx and p3dv4, the ground texture immediately around the airport flips dark as approaching it as shown in the attached screen shot.  it's as if there's a dark overlay.

using orbx socal with new ksan.  mesh 5m and ksan config is set for socal scenery.ksan.jpg

i would think that since ksan dev can use the same photoreal source as the socal photoreal source (same company), this would be a straight forward compatibility patch.  or just shrink the ksan airport footprint so it will not overlap the socal photoreal.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 10:13 AM, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, you see the different colour of the photoreal because are two different photoreals. I have to take a look if i can do something.

Cheers, Matteo

any progress/decision?

Roland.

Do you mean by "ignore", answer the topic, contact the developer, the developer replies

and undertakes to take action to remedy the alleged fault?

As you can see, this topic has been answered but the solution has not yet been published.

If you wish to make a similarly negative and unjustifiable comment on the subject of a CTD,

please do so in that topic which is unrelated to the subject of this one.

If you wish to apply for a refund, please do so using the ticket system.

You will need to be ready to justify your request. 

Hi Matteo,

It would be helpful if you could give us an estimate about when the update will be ready. Will it be in a month or so or does it take longer?

Of course you can do it whenever you find the time. I just like to know because should the update be weeks away I will go back to Latin VFR's KSAN and ask ORBX for a refund and repurchase your KSAN once it's up  to ORBX standards.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Roland     

Refund Good luck with that. I also bought KSAN and didn't like it and just moved on. Hopefully when there is a update I will try it again. Its all subjective as some just love it and others don't. Hang in there they will get it right eventually. Josh

To those who may know, 

When I heard that ORBX would be releasing KSAN and the greater San Diego area, I eagerly waited for every new post showing screenshots.  I was a day 1 customer of the NA Gold SCA product, and a further detailed San Diego would only make this area that much better....... right?  

Well, yes and no.  While there are many good points to this Airport/Skyline scenery, there are also some drawbacks.  ORBX added some nice detail with the original release of SCA, but the KSAN product replaces all of those jewels with less detailed lower resolution objects, and PR.  Some quick examples are: NAS North Island PR,  Coronado Naval Base PR, the North Island bridge, and Point Loma PR are much higher Resolution in the SCA product than in the San Diego product.  I also prefer the More Green coloring of the Golf Courses in the SCA product.  

I have to theorize that this lowering of resolution was done as a method to try "optimize" performance in the sim.   

My question is: has anyone found a way Choose these higher res areas and objects instead of the lower res versions?  

To any ORBX staff that may read this post, Is there any plan to standardize the two products so that there is no "double coverage" of objects and PR for San Diego?  

Sincerely, Preston

To those who may know, 

When I heard that ORBX would be releasing KSAN and the greater San Diego area, I eagerly waited for every new post showing screenshots.  I was a day 1 customer of the NA Gold SCA product, and a further detailed San Diego would only make this area that much better....... right?  

Well, yes and no.  While there are many good points to this Airport/Skyline scenery, there are also some drawbacks.  ORBX added some nice detail with the original release of SCA, but the KSAN product replaces all of those jewels with less detailed lower resolution objects, and PR.  Some quick examples are: NAS North Island PR,  Coronado Naval Base PR, the North Island bridge, and Point Loma PR are much higher Resolution in the SCA product than in the San Diego product.  I also prefer the More Green coloring of the Golf Courses in the SCA product.  

I have to theorize that this lowering of resolution was done as a method to try "optimize" performance in the sim.   

My question is: has anyone found a way Choose these higher res areas and objects instead of the lower res versions?  

To any ORBX staff that may read this post, Is there any plan to standardize the two products so that there is no "double coverage" of objects and PR for San Diego?  

Sincerely, Preston

I just use latin VFR KSAN with Southern Cal and it works wonderfully

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Let me be clear, KSAN is a great product that adds a very large area of PR, and just about every house and building in the Valley along with Many, Many custom objects.  All of this as a bonus to the airport itself.  I would just prefer to have the Hi-rez PR of NA Gold SCA show up at a higher priority level than the large area/lower rez PR of the city product.   

I am am looking for a way to make this happen.  Is there a magical setting combination in the control panel?  

I own FTX Global, NA Landclass, NA Gold SCA, and KSAN.  

-Preston

If you Gentlemen have a close look, the "darker Photoreal" is actually much higher resolution.  I actually prefer this over the PR that comes with KSAN.  The higher res PR comes as part of the SCA product.  

Matteo Veneziani,  when you get a chance to tackle this issue, please could you find a way to Color match your San Diego area PR to the existing SCA product?  Or at least, increase the resolution in Downtown?  My definition of Downtown would be the South end of Coronado NS to The Point Loma Penninsula at the North end.  Then all of North Island to the edge of the sky Scrapers on the east side.  

I really love that High Deginition PR that comes with SCA and the Greeness of the golf courses on North Island.  I have been trying my hardest to figure out how to make that show above the Greater area KSAN Photo Real for a while now.

Shoot, I'd even pay for an "upgraded" HD pack if you could make that happen somehow?  I really do like the KSAN Product. There are just a couple of "tweaks" I would love to see implemented.  Overall, you did a beautiful job!  

Sincerely, Preston  

I complained about KSAN when it first came out months ago.  Mostly I complained about the lack of color in the autogen white buildings.  It looks incredibly unreal.  I asked the dev if he would be making an update.  He said he'd think about it.  So far no update.  I finally bought and installed it and am sorry.  It is currently uninstalled.  I've purchased maybe 100 Orbx products and KSAN is the only one I regret buying.  There are freeware buildings and the airport at flightsim.  I should have just installed those.

1 hour ago, Woogey said:

please could you find a way to Color match your San Diego area PR to the existing SCA product

That's exactly what I mean and I don't think we are asking for too much...

Since Matteo's KSAN is an ORBX product buyers I have expected it to match their SCA region in color and brightness. Strangely enough, the non ORBX Latin VFR KSAN fits in perfectly. 

Best,

Roland

Thank you Matteo,

I for one really appreciate your initial efforts.  One aspect I really liked was the fact that you cut out the images of the Ships next to their piers at the Naval Station.  I use a great Ai ship addon that inserts every single US Navy ship into the sim with realistic routes and schedules.  There is nothing that I hate more than to see these ships come into port, and park on top of a 2d boat that is part of the imagery.  Thank you for your approach on this one little aspect of the scenery.  

-Preston

Archived