A few I flew with the flu...

GregJ

Sitting at home sick today.... got a little homesick too - so I took a few from Tofino to Ucluelet on the Beautiful West Coast of Vancouver Island...(in Summer) in fall and winter...bleh!

Tofino SPB

m4oHLVx.jpg

Floats up...

cpVMWJV.jpg

Ukee Bound

nrS2XZ2.jpg

Over Tofino Airport

nFryoU9.jpg

Beavers bum

TJalc7D.jpg

Red Skies at Night a Sailor's Delight

BzB7jXO.jpg

3x8Kpl9.jpg

Ucluelet Harbor in sight, Amphitrite Point off to the right - I love the fact that all the correct navigational bouys are in place. 

O8B0Cab.jpg

Split the islands

pU9IOkd.jpg

Just about down

dCY2aRD.jpg

I used to commercial fish (52 foot freezer troller)out of these two harbors for Salmon, and Long Line (1800 hooks a line - 3-4 lines at a time... all day all night...for Halibut, Snapper, Dog Fish (like  a little shark) and had a lot of fun...made some money. Bought a new car, or two... should have invested in real estate in either of these two places and sold it off just a few years later...I'd be retired!  Now that I think of the work I put in 20/7 days a week 3+ weeks at a time ...maybe not so home sick anymore...  

Excellent series and I like those first two  sunset views especially.

Interesting story too and I bet there are many of us, me included, that would do things differently if we had the chance again.:(

I always used to smile in England when people would screw their faces up at the mention of eating shark. If only they knew what Rock Salmon is.:o

Flake is my favourite fish here in Oz, very tasty it is too.:)

That's a great and interesting story Greg.  And man, I hope you're getting well.  My grandmother would have told me, "If you feel good enough to fly the flight sim, you're good enough to go to school!"  :lol:

These are some amazing shots, especially your skies.  Beautiful!

Archived