Elevation Problem at KBVU former 61B

nisse79

I have some weird elevation problems at Boulder City KBVU formerly 61B. I am flying in ORBX Southern California in P3D v4. I can choose both airports from the menu. The 61B seems to be the ORBX airport with correct elevation but KBVU is also present and lies above that one. I have also FTX Global, Vector and LC NA installed. Any solutions? Thank you very much

http://imgur.com/a/JK7nN

Hi, welcome to the forums,

Please apply the below procedure, and also please post a product order/transaction ID for further support.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Hello,

I don't have such KBVU airport in my system (I have all the ORBX regions) , only 61B. You have probably an add-on for KBVU airport which create this overlap.

You can use Simple Airport Scanner (freeware on  http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795 to find out where is this addon file(s).

Hope it helps.

Gérard

Hello Gerard,

are you flying in P3D v4? Because I think KBVU might not have existed in v3. I am not using any other addon files but I would like to use the tool you suggested but it is also not working with P3D v4.

I do not know when the airport identifier was changed but here is a link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulder_City_Municipal_Airport

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

What can I say.

You can clearly see that there is not one in my copy, so either you have a very special copy

or one has been added.

You still need to search for KBVU and/or 61B, as unless you remove one of them, your problem will persist.

Hello nisse79,

You may also use LittleNavMap (a flight freeware planner, which support PD3V4) to find what are the files composing one airport.

I use it every day !

Just take a look here https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/INFO.html#information-dock-window

The Information Dock Window will tell you Everything You Always Wanted to Know ...

LittleNav Map is very easy to install and a "must have".

Gérard

Thank you so much Gerard,

that support was perfect! The tool you recommended identified Scenery\0202\scenery\APX17190.bgl to be the one that is responsible for KBVU. I deactivated it and now everything looks perfect. I only can suspect that the navdata update https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html added the new airport. In any way I hope ORBX would update their aiport to the new identifier than there would be no problem. Again thank you very much. Kind regards

Niels

Hello Niels.

Of course there would still be a problem, there will still be two different airports 

at the same place.

Another way to have found your duplicate is Airport Design Editor.

You would then have seen that there are numerous other airports in the .bgl that

you deactivated, in Arizona, California and Nevada.

Personally, when I see the number of airports definitions included in that file, I would restore the original version of Scenery\0202\scenery\APX17190.bgl !

SKSI9WW.jpg

Just my 2 cents

Gérard

On 8/5/2017 at 4:48 PM, gaab said:

Hello nisse79,

You may also use LittleNavMap (a flight freeware planner, which support PD3V4) to find what are the files composing one airport.

I use it every day !

Just take a look here https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/INFO.html#information-dock-window

The Information Dock Window will tell you Everything You Always Wanted to Know ...

LittleNav Map is very easy to install and a "must have".

Gérard

Hello Gerard.  I am using littlenavmap with FSX, but have not discovered how to use it with P3Dv4.  Can you advise how to accomplish this?  I have the latest upgrade 1.4.4 (I think it is), but I think I missed something with the new install.

Thank you.

Stew

Hello Steward,

You have to tell Little Nav Map where is your P3D scenery file (Menu Scenery Library, Drop Down list Simulator).

And of course, load the corresponding Scenery Library.

After, it should work as described by Nick.

Gérard

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have looked into this and when I apply the NavAids update the Airport changed from 61B to KBVU.  The default FSX:SE airport changes from 61B to KBVU but the orbx scenery stays at 61B and you end up with two airports. If you disable the FSX:SE scenery 0202 the problem goes away, but like Nick mentioned you lose a bunch of airports in the process.

I know there is a great explanation, but why does orbx not update the scenery when the AIRAC updates airports?

Archived