Freeport, Bahamas

Found what I would believe to be a Vector error on Grand Bahama just west of MYGF Freeport Int'l:

MYGF1.jpg

MYGF2.jpg

And what it should look like, in Google Earth:

MYGF3.png

Interestingly, it seems to show correctly in this post (fourth image down), so maybe it's something messed up on my system?

Thanks!

Hmmm, seems I forgot to provide the link I referenced in my last sentence - everything shows up fine in the 4th picture of this post:

10 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

That's probably a landclass error and not a Vector error.  The sim is confused what landclass to use for that area, so inserts water instead of land.  Just a guess.

Interesting; I suppose I can try turning off OpenLC-NA and see if that does anything.

Oh, those aren't my pictures!  Just happened to come across that post when searching to see if anybody else had noticed this issue.

I don't fly over the area too frequently but I can't say I noticed it before.  I haven't added anything to the area that I would have expected to affect it.

• Tim Harris unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

While exploring some other fixes, I've found that this problem resides in the WTR 26220 Vector bgl (not at my sim PC to look at the full file name) by using the CVXExtractor utility.  The area in question is completely absent of those islands/marshes - I've found a few of these problems elsewhere where there are duplicate hydro polygons, one with holes/islands and one without, but such is not the case here.  The good news is, at least, pending an official fix it will be fairly easy to draw in something fairly representative using SBX Builder.

• 4 weeks later...

In lieu of an official fix, attached is a file that will add back the islands missing at the western end of Grand Bahama near MYGF.  Place it in the scenery library anywhere above Vector.

Note that the land class may not be quite right but I had to limit the scope of the fix somewhere...

Before:

MYGF_Before.thumb.jpg.75c4045f7234703d61381517752a59a2.jpg

After:

MYGF_After.thumb.jpg.b4a1fe25549da78603d7a4d3ed9d5939.jpg

CVX_2622_SBX_CMS.BGL

One thing I neglected to mention is that the shorelines of the added islands and a portion of the otherwise unmodified main island will not exactly match up to the ORBX "rocky" shorelines used elsewhere as those are not available in SBX Builder.  The difference is fairly minor however and probably barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Archived