Disappearing topics -- X3 - Moved? Nope!

GregJ

Today I posted a topic regarding Active sky - a question if you will regarding this product, versus another....it has since disappeared - it's not the first time.The General Discussion topical area clearly states  "and also to discuss flight simulation, aviation and flying in general.  Therefore I guess I am misinformed if I am talking about other products that relate to FLIGHT SIMULATION - am I breaking some rules and the powers that be just delete w/o notice? Seems a little power hungry - misinformed as what the aforememntioned quoted area means? There is one particular admin who has deleted two of my previous posts - potentially relating to other products..... yet if I search I can find references to plenty of other products including Active Sky and  ASP4 which is what my topic was about.

Educate me please....

It's hard for me to say, since I didn't see your original posts, but in general ORBX don't like product announcements/ads that aren't their own products, and they also aren't real keen on users using their forums as a general complaining ground for users to vent their spleen on other developers' products/policies, even if it's a competing product.  they generally do tolerate light discussion of other products as an adjunct to enjoying orbx scenery, but they wish no part in any controversy whatsoever.  (unless they cause it themselves, as does happen on rare occasion :))  

again, didn't read your OP,  so not sure which of these apply,  but the use of the word power hungry in this post, edited so that it is crossed out but still seen,  makes me think that possibly, your post may have been of the spleen venting variety.  general flight sim forums like avsim, etc... are better for that.

Hello.

I have no idea who removed your topic. 

These are private forums and the rules about other developers' products are clear.

The main purpose of these forums is product support.

You may wish to refresh your memory of the forum rules.

This is probably what happened on this occasion

Our forums are moderated by Orbx staff and community moderators. Posts can and will be deleted if they violate the terms of use or are deemed inappropriate by moderator discretion.

I moved the battle of flight sims discussion as I felt it going nowhere and wasn't a constructive discussion. We already deleted comments due to personal insults and it started to touch on the EULA aspects. Rather than see it deteriorate, I moved it. 

Ed I appreciate your input - not sure about the personal insults...nothing by me that's for sure... I'm a lover not a fighter and my intentions on the original post were merely to gain insight as to where my $ might best be spent. I noted on searching for this post of mine that there are hundreds of other posts that refer to Active Sky, Rex etc. How can it be against a rule to merely ask a question about preference for an add on? 

Archived