Alaska scenery issues

Dean Salman

So Juneau and some other alaska airports like Valdez have issues where the runway does not match the elevation of the land.  I am using P3D V4 and the Orbx Alaska with or without Land class and global add ons.    I will wait and see how this gets a fix, it is a lost because it is nice than the default but this is too much

If you have Orbx Alaska installed, then these will be Orbx full fat region airports, not the Orbx payware, and not P3Dv4 default....mine are all showing correct.

Are your insertion points set correct in FTXC3? Do you have the Orbx libs installed.

when you say "the orbx Alaska"  what orbx product do you have?  if you have the southern alaska region, the airports should be correct elevations.  if you just have global and/or the NA open lc, with an extra terrain mesh then you will have problems with airport elevations.

I have Orbx Lib installed  I have every disabled except Orbx SA and Orbx Lib  (I have SC, NC, NR.... as well but those are harmless and out of the area.   I have FTXC3 but I dont see where the Insertion points are defined.  I am picking the P3D V4 choice

I found this but never had to use it before.  Now I need to see how to use it

I have Orbx Lib installed  I have every disabled except Orbx SA and Orbx Lib  (I have SC, NC, NR.... as well but those are harmless and out of the area.   I have FTXC3 but I dont see where the Insertion points are defined.  I am picking the P3D V4 choice

So in the scenery config by priority

Orbx Lib

FTX SA

FTXZZ OLC Fixed Apt

Orbx Open LC  Europe and NA

Orbx LC Base

everything else

If I disable FTX SA then it is find with the global and land classes enabled

I compared V3 of P3d and the scenery priority order is exactly the same so I have no clue at this point

Hi Dean,

can you please place an order number or transaction ID as per our forum rules for support: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-number-to-your-signature-for-support/

I found an older post of yours where you describe an unusual way of transferring installed Orbx scenery between PCs. Is that what you have done with SAK too? From your description it sounds as if the required airport elevation adjustment files are missing and possibly other files placed in folders outside of the ORBX directory as well. For a quick check, with SAK correctly installed, you should have 30 files named "ADE_FTX_SAK_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in \Scenery\World\scenery.

Your order of scenery entries looks correct; the insertion point tool is in the Settings page of FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

Ok where the order number.  I don't keep emails  I think I ordered everything from the Orbx web site.  

That is problem.   It appears the SAK has to be downloaded and installed with FTX central other wise it wont work.   I did do the update on all the scenery and now I see those in the back up I had because I installed P3D V4 again and was not aware of this.  So the airports are fixed. Now I need to see if the scenery crashes P3D V4 with SAK

See I installed the update and then installed P3d4 a second time but did not know about the files in the world scenery.  I may have this problem in Canada too so I need to makes sure all the files in the world that Orbx did are there.  I am flying from PAJN to PAVD so see if the crash problem is gone now.  The missing flies could have been the issue.  So doing a test flight now in my twin   thanks for all the help.   

Alaska is my favorite state to fly which is why I built the freeware scenery in the min 90's for the entire state.  

Hi Dean,

when you log into your account on the OrbxDirect website you'll see a complete order history and the "info" tabs open additional information including transaction IDs.

If in doubt I'd recommend uninstalling (via FTX Central) and then reinstalling the respective add-ons. If you have difficulty with the direct download approach then you can always download the installers from the OrbxDirect page and use the manual installation method as described here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

As you may know, I was the lead author for the 2010 Glacier Bay freeware package for FS9. I had tons of freeware installed for Alaska back then but don't recognize your name. Did you publish your files under a different name?

Cheers, Holger

Ok I will do that.   This was in the early to mid 90's  for MSFS  It was on my Galaxies.com web site which I don't have anymore.  When FSX came out Microsoft finally put in good scenery for Alaska so it kind of died out.  It was on a lot of freeware sites.  Learned a lot of Alaska landscape and airports but it was nothing like the scenery today.  Yes I was aware of the Glacier Bay scenery and I think I used it, but dont recall.  It was fun to build the scenery but took a lot of time.  

Archived