Happy Birthday Jack

6 hours ago, mikewies said:

Hope that your day was great and that you took the time to fly a yellow upside down aircraft under a bridge!

Thanks Mike, it was pretty good.  I flew upside down over a new Orb airport I bought in Germany.  Lovely little place.  EDBJ.

5 hours ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

Happy Birthday Jack

May you have at least 20 more

Dale

Thanks Gypsy!  I hope so too! 

Hi Jack,

Couple of days late, but hope you had  good one! You're just a lad though! Hit my 75th a couple of weeks back...still playing tennis three times  week...and flying most days. Have to say that with my Oculus Rift I find it hard now to fly on the monitor - despite the resolution issues. Flew through Yosemite NP in VR the other day...looking out as the vertical walls of El Capitan and Half Dome passed by was just wonderful - I was there for real a few years back, on vacation...and now I can be there - almost for real - any time I like!

Many more years of happy flying Jack,

Don

1 hour ago, donbrindles said:

Hi Jack,

Couple of days late, but hope you had  good one! You're just a lad though! Hit my 75th a couple of weeks back...still playing tennis three times  week...and flying most days. Have to say that with my Oculus Rift I find it hard now to fly on the monitor - despite the resolution issues. Flew through Yosemite NP in VR the other day...looking out as the vertical walls of El Capitan and Half Dome passed by was just wonderful - I was there for real a few years back, on vacation...and now I can be there - almost for real - any time I like!

Many more years of happy flying Jack,

Don

Hi Don, thank you!  75th, congratulations to you too!  I would love to try VR sometime.  I've never even had a chance to look in one for any reason.  I've always wondered what it looks like.  My problem is I startle very easily, if I had one on I'd probably jump out of my skin if someone shuck up on me and touched me while wearing one. :o

Happy late birthday Jack. Sorry, I have been off the grid for a few days as I am now back on mainland USA, and have been driving from California headed to Colorado with stops on the way. The last four days I have been on the north rim of the Grand Canyon hiking my butt off, and there was no cell or internet access where I was. Now, I am in the Bryce Canyon area and have some internet access, so trying to catch up. Sorry I missed it buddy, but it appears you had many happy birthday wishes :) 

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Happy late birthday Jack. Sorry, I have been off the grid for a few days as I am now back on mainland USA, and have been driving from California headed to Colorado with stops on the way. The last four days I have been on the north rim of the Grand Canyon hiking my butt off, and there was no cell or internet access where I was. Now, I am in the Bryce Canyon area and have some internet access, so trying to catch up. Sorry I missed it buddy, but it appears you had many happy birthday wishes :) 

Hi Sniper!  Thank you!  Gosh, it sounds great, no cell or Internet and in the Grand Canyon, I would love it.  I hiked my 6.25 miles this morning.  It must be beautiful there, I'd love to see it someday.  That's a long drive man, wish I could do that too!  Yes, many people were very kind and said happy birthday, makes me feel pretty good.  Drive safe and be well my friend!  Look forward to your screens soon.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Sniper!  Thank you!  Gosh, it sounds great, no cell or Internet and in the Grand Canyon, I would love it.  I hiked my 6.25 miles this morning.  It must be beautiful there, I'd love to see it someday.  That's a long drive man, wish I could do that too!  Yes, many people were very kind and said happy birthday, makes me feel pretty good.  Drive safe and be well my friend!  Look forward to your screens soon.

Jack, it was one of the most spectacular sights I have laid eyes on, and I am very well traveled globally. Overall, I hiked about 25 miles of trails into the canyon, and also around the rim. I also did the mule ride thing, although I only opted for one hour ride, as I had a 10 mile hike planned for later in the day. The entire four days was amazing! I cannot describe in words, nor do pictures do it justice. I will say that I literally shed tears when I laid eyes on it for the first time, and a few times more over those four days. Good job on the 6.25 mile hike yourself! They don't get any easier as we get older, do they :D

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, it was one of the most spectacular sights I have laid eyes on, and I am very well traveled globally. Overall, I hiked about 25 miles of trails into the canyon, and also around the rim. I also did the mule ride thing, although I only opted for one hour ride, as I had a 10 mile hike planned for later in the day. The entire four days was amazing! I cannot describe in words, nor do pictures do it justice. I will say that I literally shed tears when I laid eyes on it for the first time, and a few times more over those four days. Good job on the 6.25 mile hike yourself! They don't get any easier as we get older, do they :D

Wow!  Sounds terrific, I envy you.  Someday I'm gonna lay my own eyes on that beautiful place.

I've been hiking almost daily for 10+ years now, some days I'e done 30, some 10, most 6.25 and I'm up to 9292.8 miles now.  If I walk with friends or their dogs, or the wife, they're all huffing and puffing and I'm still breathing out my nose with a pulse of 65.  Even the dogs are panting.  My doctor says I have the pulse of an Olympic athlete at my age but I don't believe her.  I just like to hike, it's very cathartic.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I just like to hike, it's very cathartic.

Could not agree more! As a light Infantry guy, hiking is ingrained in my bones now, for the rest of my days. I love the longer, harder hikes, but my girlfriend is still finding her hiking legs, so for now when I hike with her, we are limited to ten milers, give or take a mile. She is getting better every hike though, and she loves learning all the hiking knowledge and fieldcraft. 

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Could not agree more! As a light Infantry guy, hiking is ingrained in my bones now, for the rest of my days. I love the longer, harder hikes, but my girlfriend is still finding her hiking legs, so for now when I hike with her, we are limited to ten milers, give or take a mile. She is getting better every hike though, and she loves learning all the hiking knowledge and fieldcraft. 

I live to hike, it's my number one thing I look forward to.  I see a lot of wildlife too.  Deer, coyotes, bobcat, hawk, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, turtles, tiny frogs so small they could stand on a quarter, armadillos possum at night, owls at night, mosquitoes, ticks, spider webs, :lol:  But it's all good.  The Japanese have a term for what I do, "Forest Bathing", it's actually very good for your mind as it produces oxytocin.  I live .5 miles from my park so I just walk there but I also go to other parks with a good friend.  We have 14 parks in my rural county and they're all different and beautiful.  I even bought a special cooling shirt and wore it for the first time today, I was skeptical but this thing works great!  Anyway, glad you had a good time there, it sounds wonderful.

Headin' to bed Sniper.  Talk at ya later!

2 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

So Jack, what is your best present for your birthday ?

Hi Richard, it was EDBJ and EDVY.  Two more Orbx airports, they're in 3.4 of course but beautifully done.

2 hours ago, Paul Rose said:

Happy Birthday Sir

Thank you Paul!  Very kind of you.

Archived