Cowboys Round the world trip in single prop.

Well today I finally started my around the world trip in the A2A Comanche 250, it goes without saying that all the scenery is Orbx, I have Global Base, as well as LC Europe and America, and all of the EU areas.    Weather was by Active Sky P3DV4 Beta and ASCA. Mesh is latest Global Ultimate.

Today saw me take off from Tattenhill in the West Midlands before routing out over the North Sea via the Clacton VOR, before crossing Holland and landing for Lunch in Belefield, West Germany.  For those that are interested my route plan was as follows.

EGBM, HON, DTY, BKY, CLN, SPY, RKN, HMM, EDLI.

This route took my over the green fields of England, across a stunning large wind farm just off Clacton VOR, across the Bulb fields of Holland and across North Germany which again has stunning amounts of detail.   It's trips like this that reminds me just how far Flight simming has come. 

I sent a screenshot to a friend, who stated he thought it was the real thing. 

This is the first of many many legs all in real time.   Most will be around 3 to 4.5 hrs long due to RL commitments. 

After lunch, I did a short 90 min hop to reposition at Nuernberg Airport in preparation for the 2nd main leg 

EDLI, FUL, EDDN.

I plan lane to try and take in ALL the Orbx scenery areas as well as, as much of the global base as I can.   I will be adding Vector as soon as it's updated, as well as purchasing the other Orbx areas as I approach. 

Im currently heading across mainland Europe to the Middle East, before transiting down the length of The orient and island hopping across to Australia, which will be my next Orbx scenery area after N Germany.  ( it looks doable in a light aircraft on sky Vector, but I guess only time will tell.   Luckily I don't have to worry about the political situation in any countries I'm visiting, as I'm guessing it would be almost impossible to do it in RL due to several war zones I'm gonna have to transit. 

Cowboy10uk

5BE0BD4C-7040-4D46-995D-1F8569A65705.jpg

FE616C20-1874-4B5D-AEFB-525398FE8444.jpg

IMG_2509.JPG

Cowboy, welcome to the forums!  And your right, I thought the first one was real.  Nice idea to fly round the world in a Comanche, it'll be a challenge but very much worth it.  Are you using PTA or any other ad-ons like it?

That's a really fun project.  I did an Alaska to Florida voyage in the Cessna 172.  It took awhile, but I really enjoyed it!

I'm currently headed west across the US again in the Comanche.  I had thought about turning it into a real round the world attempt.  You've given me inspiration, Cowboy!

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cowboy, welcome to the forums!  And your right, I thought the first one was real.  Nice idea to fly round the world in a Comanche, it'll be a challenge but very much worth it.  Are you using PTA or any other ad-ons like it?

I wasn't for the above shots, however bought and installed pta and Envtex last night. 

Really makes a difference. Have loads of shots from today's flight. 

Currently half way through an 8 and a half hr flight to Instanbul,  I'm hoping this might be one of the longer flights in this journey. 

Cowboy10uk

I have PTA and am using it and finally learning it.  I also bought ENVTEX but uninstalled it, was having some minor problems but with the SP's I'm fixin' to reinstall it.

But now I want to focus all my $ on buying every last Orbx airport they make.

Lol Jack, I know the feeling.  Think I priced it up the other day and I was $2500 ish short.  There's a hell of a lot of airfields for Aus and the US. ;) 

gonna use this trip trip as an excuse to at least get every piece of area addons they do.   Next purchase will be Aus, then new Zealand, followed by all the US ones, im hoping by only purchasing them as I approach it will spread out the cost and the wife won't notice. :D 

cowboy10uk.

P.S. Part 2 of my trip is now up. 

Archived